PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder RAW question about Arrows

death390
2019-04-21, 01:25 AM
So i am considering playing a Tempest gale Martial Trained character which uses bows for their maneuver weapon. we are using both Encumbrance and are tracking ammunition. DM has stated that a Quiver is 2lb and can hold up to 40 Arrows @1lb per 20 arrows. so i was looking through the arrows in the pfsrd and came across the alchemy arrows. since only having 40 shots i needed some kind of arrow that either i could craft in no time at all or was recoverable. to my relief pathfinder has the DURABLE alchemy arrows which cost 1g per arrow, they can still be destroyed (sunder, fire elemental, ect) but you can recover them after a battle no problem.

that said there are also many other kinds of arrows a archer needs/ wants and i was wondering if the DURABLE alchemy arrow can by RAW be applied to those arrows. i know that it would not make sense to apply DURABLE arrows to some kinds of arrows due to their nature (lodestone, dye, incendiary, ect that expend their cargo for example). however some of the other arrow types make sense to be DURABLE, Blunt, broad, adamantine, silver, flight, and fishing for example.

so i was wondering if by raw somewhere you could make DURABLE BLUNT arrows, DURABLE SILVER arrows, ect.?

Crake
2019-04-21, 06:51 AM
abundant ammunition used to be amazing for this. If you can convince your DM to use the old version, which doesn't include the line "but not special materials, alchemical attributes, or nonmagical treatments on the ammunition", then you're pretty much set.