PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Zeitgeist and cb loader

borsniel
2019-04-21, 08:10 PM
hey all hows it going,

in a couple of weeks ill be starting up the Zeitgeist adventure path and was wondering if anyone else had run it and what advice they might have.

also were using cb loader for the 3rd party stuff and i was wondering if anyone had a link to the most up to date files for it. sadly it seems those who were hosting it before have since ceased and i think my files might be a touch old.

Lord Shark
2019-04-23, 10:10 AM
hey all hows it going,

in a couple of weeks ill be starting up the Zeitgeist adventure path and was wondering if anyone else had run it and what advice they might have.

also were using cb loader for the 3rd party stuff and i was wondering if anyone had a link to the most up to date files for it. sadly it seems those who were hosting it before have since ceased and i think my files might be a touch old.

Zeitgeist is pretty good, but one problem I had with the 4E version was the requisition system; the DCs were so low that it was easy for my group's bard to beat even the ones that were supposed to be hard. Which meant that it was trivial for the group to, say, call in a hundred soldiers when they needed. I think the DCs have been revised upward in later versions but be sure to check them against whoever in your group is trained in social skills.

hirou
2019-04-25, 04:55 PM
Congratulations, it's a fantastic campaign! There is a conversions for CBLoader in EN World forums thread, thanks to Sibarys.

Considering overall balance of ZG in 4e, 4e checks can be very swingy depending on party optimization. If even single person in your game optimizes his Diplomacy, any RAW DC will not be enough, but that's a problem of the system and not of the campaign. In my game, one player has Arcana +34 at lvl15, which he also can apply as Perception/Insight checks constantly (so he has passive perception 44 at lvl15) and as Diplomacy once per encounter. So we have an unwritten rule of him not even trying to use Requisition rules as they are written in the book, otherwise the party will always be accompanied by a small army, and that's completely different game from what we'd like to play.

Finally, if you're having general problems with CBLoader: the site was suspended just this week, you can read about a work-around in 4eDND subreddit thread, or ask around in the discord server of 4e subreddit.

UPD: apparently I can't post links, as I only have 3 posts on these forums, so I sent you direct links in PM