PDA

View Full Version : Civilization VI: Gathering Storm Play by Cloud

TheOneHawk
2019-04-22, 12:14 AM
Hey everyone, I've been having a blast with the new expansion but after a handful of games against AI I'm honestly getting pretty tired of artificial opponents. With the Play by Cloud feature basically emulating GMR from Civ 5, I wanted to see if we could rustle up a game on here. I'm open to anything as far as map types or player counts, just post here if you're interested in joining!

Driderman
2019-04-22, 07:57 AM
Hey everyone, I've been having a blast with the new expansion but after a handful of games against AI I'm honestly getting pretty tired of artificial opponents. With the Play by Cloud feature basically emulating GMR from Civ 5, I wanted to see if we could rustle up a game on here. I'm open to anything as far as map types or player counts, just post here if you're interested in joining!

I've been considering buying the new expansions but honestly I am fed up with playing retarded AI. So this might be interesting. If there's enough for a game, I'll splurge on the expansion too and join

TheOneHawk
2019-04-22, 01:32 PM
Gathering Storm is an excellent expansion, even with the crappy AI. Definitely worth it.

Maryring
2019-04-25, 03:06 PM
While I'd love to do a multiplayer match, I unfortunately have no interest in playing by cloud. The games just take way too long. Even playing on online speed, which is terrible, you're still taking over half a year just to finish a game.

Driderman
2019-04-25, 03:42 PM
While I'd love to do a multiplayer match, I unfortunately have no interest in playing by cloud. The games just take way too long. Even playing on online speed, which is terrible, you're still taking over half a year just to finish a game.

Considering I was the instigator of the original Civ 5 GMR matches (I believe) that is not a problem for me. The games might take a year but it's still a very easy commitment, for me at least :)

TheOneHawk
2019-04-28, 07:49 PM
Play by cloud is similar, imo, to pbp dnd. Which is good, since I can’t really fit any other kind of long term gaming around my schedule.

Kato
2019-04-29, 03:07 AM
Hm... I'm a bit hesitant but I guess if we find enough people it's a good enough excuse for myself to buy GS. So if a fair share of people agree I'm likely to join in.