PDA

View Full Version : Char Idea

Hunterx
2019-04-22, 10:08 AM
Since my thrower build fell through I have been pondering what I am going to make and have thought of some ideas and my latest build I have thought of is a goliath hammer build that smashes the hell out of everything. Of course getting pounce would be great but the book that pounce is in is not on the table so lion barbarian is off the table. So this is what I was thinking of but could use some supreme help in this to make it rounded off and make it totally the big bad ass I think it can be doing tons of damage and making the enemies cry. Level buy off is not an option either and it pisses me off that it is not but what are you going to go.

Goliath Barbarian 1 Fighter 6 Exotic Weapon Master 3
Feats:
Lv 1 Exotic weapon focus: Goliath Greathammer,
Fighter 1 Bonus feat: Weapon focus Greathammer
Lv3 Power attack
Fighter 2 bonus feat leap attack
Fighter 4 bonus feat combat expertise
Lv 6 Improved trip
Fighter 6 Combat Brute
Lv 9 x

EWM stunts: Exotic trip which ties in with improved trip
Show off: with never outnumbered trick, not firm on this one
Exotic Sunder still not firm on this one either.

EWM may not go all 3 levels if I get something better.

please do not dig into stuff like cityscape, TOB and the such I know there are great ACFs and classes in them but the books are not allowed, no dragon magazines and what not.

ideas would be great thanks

Segev
2019-04-22, 10:19 AM
Are psionics on the table? A Psychic Warrior gets Psionic Lion's Charge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicLionsCharge.htm) as early as 4th level. You can go into it with Goliath as planned, or take the innately psionic Half-Giant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psionicLionsCharge.htm) race.

I'm assuming this is 3.5, and not 3.PF; if pathfinder stuff is open, Half-Giant gets even better for losing the +1 LA, and I think Psychic Warrior has some more options available to it.

But with your build as-is, you could go Goliath Barbarian 1, Psychic Warrior 4, Fighter 2, Exotic Weapon Master 3. It'd cost you 1 BAB, but you'd get the same number of fighter bonus feats, with the option for two of them to be Psionic feats, instead, if you like. You'd also get 4 Psychic Warrior powers (3 first level, and probably Psionic Lion's Charge as your sole 2nd level one).

mabriss lethe
2019-04-22, 10:53 AM
Knowing what's allowed your table would help considerably.

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-04-22, 10:59 AM
So Complete Champion's off the table; how about Unearthed Arcana? A second level of Wolf Totem Barbarian would give you Improved Trip without needing to spend a feat on Combat Expertise, and Whirling Frenzy is always a nice alternative to Rage. You didn't mention it in your post, but I assume you're using the Goliath Barbarian substitution level? Last but certainly not least, can you get the feat Knock-Down? It's in a 3.0 book, Sword and Fist, and it gives you an automatic trip attempt any time you land a hit that does at least 10 damage.

The Kool
2019-04-22, 11:01 AM
can you get the feat Knock-Down? It's in a 3.0 book, Sword and Fist, and it gives you an automatic trip attempt any time you land a hit that does at least 10 damage.

When checking this, be aware of the errata: You cannot gain a free attack from Improved Trip if you trip someone via Knock-Down.

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-04-22, 11:27 AM
When checking this, be aware of the errata: You cannot gain a free attack from Improved Trip if you trip someone via Knock-Down.

Huh, I never knew that. However, it looks like there is some debate on that since the un-errata'd (how the heck do you spell that word?!) version was included in Deities and Demigods, released after both the original book and the errata, and this version was never errata'd.

Hunterx
2019-04-22, 11:37 AM
So Complete Champion's off the table; how about Unearthed Arcana? A second level of Wolf Totem Barbarian would give you Improved Trip without needing to spend a feat on Combat Expertise, and Whirling Frenzy is always a nice alternative to Rage. You didn't mention it in your post, but I assume you're using the Goliath Barbarian substitution level? Last but certainly not least, can you get the feat Knock-Down? It's in a 3.0 book, Sword and Fist, and it gives you an automatic trip attempt any time you land a hit that does at least 10 damage.

Unearthed is off to except a very very few things like pargon classes

Hunterx
2019-04-22, 11:41 AM
Knowing what's allowed your table would help considerably.

The list of books are all over the place and some not even from WOTC.

Miniture, complete books except champion, PHB 2 races of stone spell compendium and MIC and like I said other books that are not WOTC

I will look into the psycic warrior I think it maybe the way to go.

mabriss lethe
2019-04-22, 02:04 PM
If you wind up not going the psionic route, you can accomplish something similar with Ranger. (Lion's charge is a 2nd level spell for them, from spell compendium).

If certain 3.0 material is on the table along with some forgotten realms stuff, you can even turn a monk into a poor man's shadow pouncer.

Hunterx
2019-04-22, 03:21 PM
Now with the Ranger having it at second level spells that means I need to get to 22 to have 2 spells

Current stats are as follows because we roll ours
18 18 17 16 15 14
Yes these are the true stats I rolled not in that order but you get the point.

Ok new direction with this than. would like to have full BAB but ranger getting the spells to late down the line and getting two-weapons fighting how effective would this be.

Goliath ( Mountain Rage RCF) Barbarian 1 Ranger 6 (Style Two Weapon Fighting) {Arcane Hunter ACF}[Distracting Attack ACF] X

I will be focusing this build on a item the Claws of the Leopard. now this will take a large chunk of my gold. at 38,305 give me a 10 to climb low light vision and pounce since I can have them large sized instead of the 1D4 they will do 1D6

Now because of one of the books we have it has the ambidex feat in it but it must be taken at level 1 that removes all penalties form your off hand which also means the less damage from the off hand.

So a full attack with this char on a charge should look like this before magic items or rage being calculated into it.

Str 24 Base 18 Race +4 Level 2
+17+17+12+12 {BAB+STR}
With charge that is
+19+19+14+14
+2 Gauntlets
+21+21+16+16

Damage is
1D6+7+2*4
max of 84 damage

So an average of about 30 damage now if I can have something else in here like maybe raptor school for +4 on a DC25 jump check. for +16 for a max of 100 damage or an average of 40-45

what do you think ? It is not the hammer swinger I was looking for, since the LA buyout is not in effect I can not get up in levels and the BAB of -2 is just to much.