PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Switch Hitter Sanctified Slayer Build/Spell Advice

Andry
2019-04-22, 08:40 PM
So my Swashbuckler/Investigator just bit it via accidental friendly fire. We are playing in the Strange Aeons Adventure Path. I decided to roll up a Switch hitter Sanctified Slayer to fill in the gaps for our party. We are currently 15th level. These are the current feat/teamwork feats I have chosen. Also I have listed the spells I was thinking of going with. am just looking for any suggestions for changes if it will be more effective.

Feats Allied Spellcaster, Coordinated Shot, Deadly Aim, Endurance, Hammer the Gap, Manyshot, Outflank, Point-Blank Shot, Power Attack, Precise Strike, Rapid Shot, Shake It Off, Shielded Caster, Weapon Focus (Longbow)

Known Inquisitor Spells
5th (4/day)—litany of vengeance (DC 20), righteous might, spell resistance, true seeing

4th (5/day)—cure critical wounds, divine power, freedom of movement, invisibility (greater), litany of escape (DC 19), order's wrath (DC 19), persistent vigor, restoration, stoneskin

3rd (6/day)—align weapon (communal), burst of speed, cure serious wounds, dispel magic, invisibility purge

2nd (6/day)—align weapon, cure moderate wounds, hold person (DC 17), howling agony (DC 17), invisibility, protection from evil (communal)

1st (7/day)—bane (DC 16), bless, cure light wounds, disguise self, divine favor, expeditious retreat, shield of fortification

0 (at will)—acid splash, brand (DC 15), create water, detect magic, guidance, stabilize

upho
2019-04-22, 09:39 PM
Well, as you're probably already aware, switch hitting is very resource demanding and therefore almost impossible to make as effective as focusing on either melee or ranged. But it can be fun, and that's what matters.

I think your spells looks fine, although if the party includes another divine caster, I suggest you coordinate your choices with them to avoid redundancies.

When it comes to feats, I recommend you especially reconsider the following:

Allied Spellcaster - You're not a full caster and you have a lot of other stuff demanding your attention and resources in this build, so boosting offensive casting is probably something you shouldn't concern yourself with at all.
Endurance - This is more of a feat tax for the many feats depending on it, and doesn't do that much by itself. In most games, feats such as Improved Initiative or in your case maybe Quick Draw are likely going to be far more beneficial.
Hammer the Gap - By the time this starts paying off, chances are that you're already frequently facing opponents with DR, meaning you'll likely get more out of Clustered Shots.

As I gather you won't be having a lot of stuff competing for your swift/immediate actions, if you have at least one other ranged combatant in the party, Target of Opportunity is a good pick. I also recommend you take a look at Empty Quiver Style to mitigate some of the issues with switch hitting.

HTH!

Kurald Galain
2019-04-23, 12:53 AM
You should know only four 4th-level spells, did you mean to pick the best four from those eight? In that case, drop CCW (you don't need the whole curing line), restoration (use scrolls and/or leave it to the full casters), persistent vigor (not very good), and either freedom of move or litany of escape (as they do the same thing).

Prayer remains a good buff at L3, and Align Weapon is probably not needed (as the party is likely to have +5 weapons at this point). Likewise, Protection from Evil is probably redundant to the party's magical gear;
and at level 15, Bane really isn't worth the action in combat; consider retraining these for some utility spells. HTH!

Florian
2019-04-23, 01:16 AM
You´re missing Wrath as a 1st level spell. This one scales damn fine, adding Improved Critical at 12th.

Andry
2019-04-24, 08:22 AM
[QUOTE=Kurald Galain;23862580]You should know only four 4th-level spells, did you mean to pick the best four from those eight? In that case, drop CCW (you don't need the whole curing line), restoration (use scrolls and/or leave it to the full casters), persistent vigor (not very good), and either freedom of move or litany of escape (as they do the same thing).

I picked the more spells known as my favored class bump at most of my later level ups. In this adventure path grapplely tentacle monsters are very prevalent so being able to get an ally out of their grip at a moments notice will help immensely. Restoration is for the billions in ability drains this AP throws on everyone off. I'll take your advice on the persistent vigor and CCW though good call and replace bane with wrath.

Florian-Good Call Wrath is dope

Upho- Good call on Allied spellcaster and hammer the gap. Endurance was free from being a half-orc with the shaman's apprentice racial trait so it was free.