PDA

View Full Version : Equipment weight/ cost for creatures tiny sized

death390
2019-04-23, 10:00 AM
I am looking to get my familiar some equipment and can’t find much on the weight or cost difference of such items. The closest I have found are the 1/4 weight on containers for small and the unusual armor modifiers. Anyone able to help?

The Kool
2019-04-23, 10:16 AM
Sure. Some quotes from the SRD that relate to size:

A smaller creature can carry less weight depending on its size category, as follows: Small ×¾, Tiny ×½, Diminutive ×¼, Fine ×1/8.

These items weigh one-quarter this amount when made for Small characters. Containers for Small characters also carry one-quarter the normal amount.This probably means that for Tiny characters, they weigh even less and hold less. I would suggest 1/10 the normal amount for easy bookkeeping, but 1/16 the normal amount might be more accurate. Or 1/8... Hard to say really.

Armor for Unusual Creatures: (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/armor.htm#armorForUnusualCreatures) The table indicates that armor for a Tiny Humanoid costs 1/2 and weight 1/10 as much.

On the weapons table, it indicates that small weapons weigh half as much (I didn't notice this before!). It follows reason that Tiny weapons would weigh 1/4 as much as listed.

EDIT: Familiar, armor, yes. Armor for nonhumanoids costs twice that of armor for humanoids. A chain shirt for your raven, then, would weigh 2.5 lbs and cost 100 gp. Seems you've seen this though, but this is all I find in the SRD. Hope it helps.

death390
2019-04-23, 11:13 AM
Missed the weapons one. The pathfinder kit also has stats for the med and small weights (~1/3 -1/4 weight). As for unusual it’s an ioun wyrd so it’s human like basically a tiny flying earth elemental. But it won’t need armor melded into my shadow (nightblade class path of the darkened fortress).

The Kool
2019-04-23, 11:23 AM
Alright, so what equipment are you looking to get it? Magic items for example rarely, if ever, have varied weights for varied sizes without DM intervention. But then, many magic items don't have weights in the first place.

death390
2019-04-25, 02:02 PM
sorry for the delay, i am looking for general equipment for my Ioun Wyrd familiar. primarily TIny sized backpack and artisan tools. the artisan tools is the big one because 5lbs for a Tiny creature is 90% of his weight capacity (6lbs for a light load). like i am sure the cost won't decrease by terribly much maybe 1/4th or even only 1/2 due to the difficulties of making such small things, the primary difference is going to be weight.