PDA

View Full Version : 5e eastern domains

BlueHydra
2019-04-25, 12:37 AM
Has anyone seen a list of real world eastern deities and pantheons converted to 5e? I am mainly looking for lists of Hindu deities and their domains but would be interested in anything else people can come up with.

JackPhoenix
2019-04-25, 07:38 AM
No, because any mention of real world religions is forbidden here.

Boci
2019-04-25, 08:21 AM
Domains are pretty general, so it shouldn't be too much work to assign two to each Hindi diety.

In the Players Handbook we have
Knowledge
Life
Light
Nature
Tempest
Trickery
War

with Death in the DMG.

Those are pretty general concepts and it shouldn't be too hard to apply them to Hindi gods. You might need to be a bit creative with interpretations to make sure each domain is assigned to at least 2 dieties to give players and NPCs choices. Are you using splat domains too?

The Jack
2019-04-25, 08:55 AM
Convert them yourself and feel free to make a few up.
We can't get into real world religion, but let me prime you with the following that I think I can get away with:

There's over a billion indians and a million stories; there's not one Hindu faith. Many Indians believe whilst others see folk tales, but they differ from location to location or from time to time.

There's plenty of wiggle room for whatever DnDism you want to add.

awa
2019-04-25, 10:47 AM
No, because any mention of real world religions is forbidden here.

now simply saying i have seen a list heres a link/ book name would be allowed (I think) only making a list for him would not be (I think) that said I have not seen such information.

Actually never mind i was going to say something else but decided to err on the side of caution

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-25, 11:15 AM
With some Google-Fu, I found this list: https://www.learnreligions.com/top-hindu-deities-1770309

You'll have to do some sorting of your own (as several of them on the list are about Light, and multiple about Destruction), but it shouldn't be too hard to sift from there.

Gaius Hermicus
2019-04-25, 07:37 PM
Indra=Tempest
Agni=Light
Parvati=Life
Kali=Death
Ganesh=Knowledge
Hanuman=Trickery

Hope this helps!

Roland St. Jude
2019-04-25, 07:48 PM
Sheriff: Don't discuss real world religion here, not even in reference to gaming topics.