PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Slaver

cartejos
2019-04-25, 07:24 AM
Hello all
Setup for game: low op. DM doesn't give everything mind blank, and it seems as if the campaigns main enemy is gonna be some kind of humanoid.

I want to fit mass stare down into a build with imperious command and break will.
Seems super cool to be able to send a glance at all enemies within 30 ft, have them cower, and deal 1 wis damage

Samurai 10/Warrior 1/ronin 1-2/thayan slaver 7-8

I already got the okay to use warrior for 2d6 sneak attack, also in there for the appraise requirement.
Overall looks like 18 BAB, a decent intimidate ability, all open feats, 4th level spells, and open wbl

What would you guys do to improve on this?

Eldariel
2019-04-25, 07:49 AM
It might be in your best interests to take 4 more levels of Samurai: Improved Staredown is nice as move actions are much more expendable and much easier to come by than standard actions (of course, Fearsome armor [DoTU] accomplishes the same thing). It would go great with ToB maneuvers to make the most of your standard actions. Of course, one option would also be the Zhentarim Fighter on top of it: Samurai 10/Fighter 10 might be hilarious.

Thayan Slaver is pretty strong, but pulls in a completely different direction. I'd definitely take 2 levels of Ronin for Banzai Charge if you wanna go down that path: it's about the only real class feature of the entire class. Thayan Slaver's Stunning Blows seems fairly lackluster, but 4th level spells are of course nice (the spell list isn't the best but it has a few good ones).