PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Telflammar Shadowlord and Chameleon

timeeater14
2019-04-25, 10:52 AM
Is there a way to get both Telflammar Shadowlord 6 and Chameleon 10 onto the same build? I've been experimenting with Factotum 1/Fighter 2 (for Dodge + Mobility)/Swordsage 1 (for assassin's stance)/Chameleon 10/TSL 6. I don't think that works, though.

We get an LA +1 template for free, so Shadow-Walker is taken care of.

Cerefel
2019-04-25, 11:13 AM
Don't forget that in order to enter Chameleon, you need to already have 8 ranks in bluff and disguise, which requires you to be level 5 before entering the class (barring extreme cheese, of course)

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-04-25, 11:18 AM
Chameleon requires 8 ranks in two skills, so you can't start taking it before your 6th level as you need to meet the prerequisites prior to taking the first level in it. You can only have 8 ranks in a skill as an 8th level character without some serious shenanigans, thus your build needs five levels of neither class, so it's not possible to have both prestige classes max by 20th level via conventional means.

I would just skip TS 6, as Death Attack is one of the most lackluster and least effective class features that exists in the game.

Efrate
2019-04-25, 01:03 PM
Bard plus psion cheese can get you into chameleon at 4, and I thought there was a feat that increased max ranks by 1 in a single skill from one of the FR books. If you are human take take it twice you can enter chameleon at 5 with no fighter or swordsage levels, though you are burning all your feats to get to shadowlord. fact 1 rog 3 cham10 shadow 6 is doable that way.