PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Oracle of Flame

Palanan
2019-04-25, 10:18 PM
I’m rolling around ideas for a fire-themed build, and I’m leaning towards an oracle with the Flame mystery, but I don’t know what feats or archetypes could be added for maximum flameyness.

Keeping strictly to first-party Pathfinder material, what kinds of fire-related abilities could I pack onto the Flame oracle chassis? And are there any fire-themed PrCs that would both advance my casting while giving fire-related features?

Eldonauran
2019-04-25, 11:10 PM
You could go for the Spirit Guide archetype and dip into the Shaman Flame Spirit. That way you could pick the Volcano or Dragon (Fire) Mystery instead.

legomaster00156
2019-04-25, 11:39 PM
I just want to say that you may not want to characterize every one of your character's options around fire. If you have no means of contributing to a fight against fire-immune enemies (which is the most common immunity/resistance in the game), you are going to have a bad time.

Eldonauran
2019-04-25, 11:42 PM
I just want to say that you may not want to characterize every one of your character's options around fire. If you have no means of contributing to a fight against fire-immune enemies (which is the most common immunity/resistance in the game), you are going to have a bad time.
That's what Metamagic feats, rods, or picking a few non-fire spells is for.

Kurald Galain
2019-04-26, 01:50 AM
Dip one level into sorcerer (draconic/orc crossblooded) to get a huge damage boost.

Also, the feat Burning Amplification.

Florian
2019-04-26, 03:31 AM
Palanan, you're a bit vague what actual party role your Oracle should be good at.

Flame makes you a mid-line combatant with the ability to go nova and some nice BFC, with a heavy emphasis on using mysteries over spells for this. Over-specialization into fire is pretty much crippling here.

Basically, I would recommend a no archetype, no PrC, straight Oracle build based around the regular Reach Cleric principles. If you have no problems playing the Lawful types, then consider expanding that into Cleric (Herald Caller, Fire Domain) 1/Oracle (Flame) 4/Hellknight Signifer, augment that with Burning Amplification.

VexingFool
2019-04-26, 05:12 AM
Think I've posted this build on this forum before.

Here's a build I've been wanting to play for a while. It's similar to the other builds in that it uses a dip into Sorcerer for the Bloodline arcana. I did not do Crossblooded because by RAW it does not combine with Tattooed Sorcerer and I wanted the melding familiar. Your DM may allow Crossblooded and Tattooed archetype to work together, I would allow it if I was DM'ing. Alternately if you want a familiar with Crossblooded a Bloodline Familiar should work since technically it's not an archetype.

Lava Gnome, (Flame) Spirit Guide (Volcano) Oracle with Blackened Curse/Tattooed Sorcerer (Brass Dragon Blooded)

Lava Gnome/Pyromaniac trait - Gives produce flame and +1 CL on spells with [Fire] descriptor. GM approval may allow for +1 CL on Volcano mystery revelations instead of the Flame mystery. Make sure and take recharge innate magic as one of your sorcerer spells for more castings of produce flame.

Tattooed Sorcerer (Brass Dragon Blooded) - +1 dmg/die on fire spells, +1 CL on Evocation spells and a melding familiar.

Spirit Guide (Flame) - fireball, wall of fire, fire seeds, incendiary cloud, fiery body spells. Flame curse Hex to afflict targets with fire vulnerability.

Volcano Mystery - heat metal, volcanic storm, geyser, contagious flame, wall of lava, meteor swarm spells. Burning magic, Ash Cloud and Magma Form revelations.

Blackened Curse - burning hands, scorching ray, burning sphere, delayed blast fireball spells. Use 2x Gnome favored class bonus to get access to spells earlier and get scorching ray and burning sphere at 4th level oracle and delayed blast fireball at 14th.

Feats
1) Spell Focus: Evocation
3) Spell Specialization
5) Intensify Spell
7) Greater Spell Focus: Evocation
9) Empower Spell
11) Divine Interference
13) Quicken Spell
15) Spell Perfection
17) Dazing Spell
19) Spell Penetration

Traits
Magical Lineage (Fireball)
Outlander (Missionary)
*[Burning Hands, Fireball, Flame Strike]

Palanan
2019-04-26, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Vexing Fool
Think I've posted this build on this forum before.

There’s some good ideas in there, although I’m realizing how little I’ve done with sorcerers in Pathfinder.

Where are you getting the brass dragon bloodline? Sounds great, but can’t find the source.

Seto
2019-04-26, 10:10 PM
What is your race? Ifrit seems very obvious thematically.

VexingFool
2019-04-26, 11:54 PM
There’s some good ideas in there, although I’m realizing how little I’ve done with sorcerers in Pathfinder.

Where are you getting the brass dragon bloodline? Sounds great, but can’t find the source.
Oops sorry! It's just the Draconic Bloodline with Brass dragon as the chosen source. You could do Red or Gold dragon if you prefer.

I would not take the Burning Amplification feat because you can take the Burning Magic revelation. The feat Glorious Heat might be a consideration if you worship Sarenrae or if you can get your DM to hand-wave that requirement.

Personally I was going to worship Feronia and the tattoo familiar was going to be a rabbit which is Feronia's sacred animal.

Palanan
2019-04-27, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Seto
What is your race? Ifrit seems very obvious thematically.

Either ifrit or human is what I’m thinking.

Originally Posted by VexingFool
The feat Glorious Heat might be a consideration if you worship Sarenrae or if you can get your DM to hand-wave that requirement.

I’d never heard of that feat, but it looks excellent, thanks.

Originally Posted by VexingFool
Personally I was going to worship Feronia and the tattoo familiar was going to be a rabbit which is Feronia's sacred animal.

I’d never heard of Feronia, either. Always nice to learn another obscure Paizo divinity. :smalltongue: