PDA

View Full Version : Contest D&D 5e Base Class Contest VI Voting Thread

Requilac
2019-04-26, 12:52 AM
Welcome playgrounders, here is the thread in which you vote for which homebrewed class entered in the current D&D 5e Base Class is the greatest. The voting period will take place between 1:00 am on April 26th to 11:59 pm on May 4th 11;59 PM Eastern Standard time. Votes made outside of that time range while not be included in the total score of each class. You do not need to be part of the competition to vote. If you wish to vote, then give a first, second and third place vote. A first place vote is worth three points, a second place vote is worth two points, and a third place vote is worth one point. A person who votes for their own class must change their vote before the voting period ends or be disqualified. It is suggested that you include the reasoning for your votes, but it is not necessary. Let us begin.

When you make your vote, please also tell us what you would like the next competition's theme to be. It is not necessary to do this, but it would help us out greatly. So far people have suggested the following themes

1) Dragons

2) Time

If you would like to come up with your own theme, please submit that here.

MoleMage
2019-04-26, 07:31 AM
There are a lot of partially completed submissions this time around, unfortunately. My primary voting criteria this time will accordingly be completeness.

With that in mind, my 1st place vote goes to The Lycanthrope by theVoidWatches. Honestly, this was shaping up to take this slot even if the other classes were fully complete because I approve of the class's resource mechanic and overall consistency.

My 2nd place vote will go to the Elemental Scion. It's missing features from a couple of its subclasses, but it has a fully filled in base class, a good spin, and a fair bit of polish and fluff.

And my 3rd place vote goes to the Temptress. Its base class is complete, but a lot of its subclasses are still missing features later on and its table could use a visual cleanup.

For next time, I'm okay with Time (I started to come up with ideas when we had the false start for this contest). I'd also like to add "Remix Mastery" (alternate versions of existing classes' themes or roles but new mechanics and features) to the ring.

theVoidWatches
2019-04-26, 09:55 AM
1. I really liked daemonaetea's Elemental Scion. Like MoleMage said, it's not quite finished, but the flavor is so excellent that I don't really care.

2. MoleMage's Golem also stands out as the most complete class beside my own.

3. SleeplessWriter's Revenant is pretty cool too. There are some oddities there but I still like it.

Fnissalot
2019-05-03, 03:17 AM
I honestly only skimmed over these and haven't read any of these perfectly so I have no clue about how balanced their are, so if my votes won't count for that ignore them.

1. Golem. This is cool! I really like the flavor of it. I look forward to multiclass a character into one as part of a reincarnation spell when they die.

2. Lychanthrope. It looks good and complete, and it also feels feasible to multiclass into at later levels. You don't have to start a were-thing but can become one later on.

3. Temptress. I like the ideas and diversity it contains.

If you can vote on the added themes, I would go for "Remix Mastery".

Requilac
2019-05-05, 03:16 PM
The result of this specific contest was actually quite a surprise, with a three way tie forming over The Elemental Scion, Lycanthrope, and Golem , each of which earned five points. If we are to contemplate how to award a winner though, then it should be stated that the Elemental Scion reached that amount of points before the other two. But since that was not explicitly stated as what would break the tie, I will not officially say that any of the three won 1st place before the others. Thank you all for participating!

The theme for the next competition which earned the most votes was Remix Mastery: creating alternate versions of the current classes with new features and themes. I have decided to surrender my role as competition host though and shall be making no more, so someone else must take on the mantle of that position. If you all want a next contest, someone else should probably step up and create it, because I am afraid that I cannot. Goodbye everybody, and I wish you all the best in your future projects!