PDA

View Full Version : DM Help West Marches Campaign Help

October31st
2019-04-26, 03:32 PM
I am starting up development of a West Marches style game inside of my main campaign world. Right now I need a group of DMs to help me develop the base rules of the server. Once the server gets up and running and we get a good sized group of players, the DM team can start playing as well. The world itself is already built, as it is the world that I am running my campaign through. When you join, post a message in general to let me know that you are here. There will be rewards for those who wish to play in the game after it is created. I have not seen any 3.5 west marches around, so I decided that I would make one myself (with the help of others of course).

The west marches will take place in a Discord server, so to get the link you must post here and wait for me to send you the invite link through PM's. No one is getting paid for this, so it is purely voluntary.

zlefin
2019-04-26, 04:17 PM
I'm a stick in the mud, thus I will ask:
what is your history/credibility on running something of this, or a smaller, size?
I ask, because others may wish to know (I'm just not interested atm, I have enough games)

I don't recognize your name, and the account appears to be new. The project you are undertaking would require a degree of managerial skill. It's all too common for online DMs to flake out entirely. And this is a large project that would require coordinating multiple DMs. As such, an unknown person of untested skill would be a high risk of abandoning the project. Are there credentials you can proffer as to your ability to manage/oversee this? or references from other people as to your capability?
in short, what can you say to potential DMs to convince them this project will last.

I wish you luck in your efforts.