PDA

View Full Version : Am I understanding this build

ZorroGames
2019-04-26, 04:52 PM
MC in the wild way so be advised.

AL gaming so here goes.

Currently VHuman Ranger/Gloomstalker 5. SS Feat at first. Bow +1.

ST 10, DE 18, CO 14, IN 8, WI 16, CH 8

Fighter MC

Fighter 1 FS Defense, Second Wind
Fighter 2 Action Surge
Fighter 3 Archetype Battlemaster including precision strike for Action Surge SS arrows.
Fighter 4 ASI (DE, CO, or WI)

Rogue MC

Rogue 1 Sneak Attack, 1 skill, no expertise, TTools
Rogue 2 Cunning Action
Rogue 3 Assassin archetype, another D6 for sneak attack
Rogue 4 ASI (see above)

Cleric MC

Cleric 1 Spell-casting, Domain Spells
Cleric 2 Channel Divinity
Cleric 3 second level spells
Cleric 4 ASI (see above)

Rogue Redux

Rogue 5 Uncanny Dodge, add 1D6 to Sneak Attack
Rogue 6 two skills get Expertise
Rogue 7 Evasion, add 1D6 to Sneak Attack

Spell slots from MC are 4 Cantrips from Cleric, 4 First, 3 Second, 3 Third, and 1 Fourth.

4 First and 2 Second level Cleric Spells; Ranger Known Spells are 4 First and 2 Second. Yea upcasting!?! Ranger Spells Known TBD very carefully.

Did I miss anything?

I made sure the Expertise from Rogue 1 was not there with MC rules. Did I add anything by mistake?

Challenged myself to do this and wanted to see if I made this build correctly by 5e AL guidelines.

Thanks in advance.

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-26, 05:01 PM
Rogue Multiclasses do get Expertise, because Expertise comes from a Rogue feature, not the Rogue's level 1 package.

ZorroGames
2019-04-26, 05:20 PM
Rogue Multiclasses do get Expertise, because Expertise comes from a Rogue feature, not the Rogue's level 1 package.

Guess I missed that! Thanks!

Man_Over_Game
2019-04-26, 05:26 PM
Looks good to me. Battlemaster does great with Rogue or Ranger.

Assassin Rogue has a lot of concerns, especially if you don't know your DM too well. I'd recommend a safer bet with the Inquisitive or Scout (if you have them) or Thief. Surprise is just so hard to gauge or to get, especially with how rushed AL can be.

What kind of Cleric domain are you investing in, and why?

CTurbo
2019-04-26, 07:01 PM
The only minor issue I see is trying to take 4 levels in everything.

Gloom Stalker 5, Battlemaster 3, War Cleric 1, Assassin 11 would make an excellent archer.

Why take more Cleric levels?

ZorroGames
2019-04-26, 07:09 PM
The only minor issue I see is trying to take 4 levels in everything.

Gloom Stalker 5, Battlemaster 3, War Cleric 1, Assassin 11 would make an excellent archer.

Why take more Cleric levels?

The idea was to get maximum ASIs with as many MC aspects as possible. 5 gets 1, 3 gets 0, 1 gets 0, and 11 gets 2. Not criticizing build just looking at a wild MC build for fun.

CTurbo
2019-04-26, 07:37 PM
The idea was to get maximum ASIs with as many MC aspects as possible. 5 gets 1, 3 gets 0, 1 gets 0, and 11 gets 2. Not criticizing build just looking at a wild MC build for fun.

Yeah I guess if you need that many ASI

I ran a vhuman Gloom Stalker 5, Assassin 3, Fighter 2, War Cleric 1 in a one shot and it was a crazy good character. I was lucky to have really high stats(20 Dex to start) so ASIs were a non factor for me but I took SS to start and Alert at Ranger 4. It was crazy effective with a Longbow. I could see playing this character in a more serious campaign. I'd take the levels in the exact order as presented, going back into Rogue for good after the single Cleric level. (rolled stats of course) If point buy, I'd probably go Ranger 5, Rogue 5, then dip Fighter/Cleric.

ZorroGames
2019-04-27, 09:26 AM
Yeah I guess if you need that many ASI

I ran a vhuman Gloom Stalker 5, Assassin 3, Fighter 2, War Cleric 1 in a one shot and it was a crazy good character. I was lucky to have really high stats(20 Dex to start) so ASIs were a non factor for me but I took SS to start and Alert at Ranger 4. It was crazy effective with a Longbow. I could see playing this character in a more serious campaign. I'd take the levels in the exact order as presented, going back into Rogue for good after the single Cleric level. (rolled stats of course) If point buy, I'd probably go Ranger 5, Rogue 5, then dip Fighter/Cleric.

This would, of course, given my playing, be an AL only character. No rolled stats. Which, having played an 0D&D Fighter with no stat over 10, I really prefer. Yea point buy!

CTurbo
2019-04-27, 09:43 AM
This would, of course, given my playing, be an AL only character. No rolled stats. Which, having played an 0D&D Fighter with no stat over 10, I really prefer. Yea point buy!

Ah I see. I would personally take the next 5 levels in Rogue to get Assassin goodies, ASI(+2 Dex), 3d6 sneak damage, and Uncanny Dodge, THEN either take a single level of War Cleric, or take 4 levels of Battle Master.