PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Glyph of Warding - multiple casters?

dndad
2019-04-26, 08:08 PM
Hey! If my cleric casts Glyph of Warding using the 'spell glyph' feature, can another caster cast their spell on the glyph? For example, the cleric would expend a spell slot for Glyph, and the party wizard would spend one slot to make the glyph cast Fireball. Does that work???

Thank you!:smallsmile:

NaughtyTiger
2019-04-26, 08:23 PM
"Spell Glyph: You can store a prepared spell of 3rd level or lower in the glyph by casting it as part of creating the glyph."

with a generous reading of the rules, sure.

strict read, "you" cast the spell to be stored and "you" are casting the glyph, so no.

No brains
2019-04-26, 08:25 PM
By RAW, no, only one person is the caster for the glyph and the stored spell.

Though it's possible to have a DM who is willing to encourage some potentially cheesy teamwork.

Maybe if a DM decides that glyph of warding is one of the spell ingredients for a ring of spell storing, they could be talked into having them work similarly.

Callak_Remier
2019-04-27, 03:01 AM
Or just Create a Scroll of Glyph of Warding and give it to the wizard.

lianightdemon
2019-04-27, 09:03 AM
Glyph of Warding
Casting time: 1 hour

NRSASD
2019-04-29, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the help everyone! "Dndad" is actually my wife, and she used your advice to nuke one of the major villains in our game, killing him instantly. 5 glyphs of warding paired with sickening radiance, dawn, and guiding bolt. (They had a ring of spell storing which they passed around).

I'm very amused by this whole incident. Just wanted to warn fellow DMs out there that your players may be sneakier than you thought!

Poor Arrigal and his hit team of Vistani spies. Also ~40 Valleki civilians, but you know, acceptable losses. "Can't make an omelet without razing a small town" etc, etc.

Amdy_vill
2019-04-29, 11:36 AM
Hey! If my cleric casts Glyph of Warding using the 'spell glyph' feature, can another caster cast their spell on the glyph? For example, the cleric would expend a spell slot for Glyph, and the party wizard would spend one slot to make the glyph cast Fireball. Does that work???

Thank you!:smallsmile:

I allow people to use other caster as it seems the point of the spell is to expand ones spell casting. a Raw work around requires a spell storing ring and a caster with the spell you lack.