PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Class Blademage [PEACH]

kinem
2019-04-26, 09:23 PM
Blademage (D&D 3.5)

[/TD]\n[/TR]\n\n\tLevel\n\tBAB\n\tFort\n\tRef\n\tWill\n\tSpeci al \n\t0lvl\n\t1st\n\t2nd\n\t3rd\n\t4th\n\t5th\n\t6th \n\t7th\n\t8th\n\t9th
\n\n\n\t1st\n\t+0\n\t+0\n\t+0\n\t+2\n\tBlademage's Edge, Armored Mage\n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\ n\t—
\n\n\n\t2nd\n\t+1\n\t+0\n\t+0\n\t+3\n\t\n\t6\n\t4\ n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t3rd\n\t+2\n\t+1\n\t+1\n\t+3\n\t\n\t6\n\t5\ n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t4th\n\t+3\n\t+1\n\t+1\n\t+4\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t5th\n\t+3\n\t+1\n\t+1\n\t+4\n\tArmored Mage (medium)\n\t6\n\t6\n\t4\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n \t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t6th\n\t+4\n\t+2\n\t+2\n\t+5\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t7th\n\t+5\n\t+2\n\t+2\n\t+5\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t6\n\t4\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t8th\n\t+6/+1\n\t+2\n\t+2\n\t+6\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t5\n\t3\ n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t9th\n\t+6/+1\n\t+3\n\t+3\n\t+6\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t4\ n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t10th\n\t+7/+2\n\t+3\n\t+3\n\t+7\n\tArmored Mage (heavy)\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\ t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t11th\n\t+8/+3\n\t+3\n\t+3\n\t+7\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t4\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t12th\n\t+9/+4\n\t+4\n\t+4\n\t+8\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t13th\n\t+9/+4\n\t+4\n\t+4\n\t+8\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t6\n\t4\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t14th\n\t+10/+5\n\t+4\n\t+4\n\t+9\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t6\n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t15th\n\t+11/+6/+1\n\t+5\n\t+5\n\t+9\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t6\n\t6\n\t4\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t16th\n\t+12/+7/+2\n\t+5\n\t+5\n\t+10\n\tArmored Mage (iron body)\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t5\n\t3 \n\t—
\n\n\n\t17th\n\t+12/+7/+2\n\t+5\n\t+5\n\t+10\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6 \n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t4\n\t—
\n\n\n\t18th\n\t+13/+8/+3\n\t+6\n\t+6\n\t+11\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6 \n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t5\n\t3
\n\n\n\t19th\n\t+14/+9/+4\n\t+6\n\t+6\n\t+11\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6 \n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t4
\n\n\n\t20th\n\t+15/+10/+5\n\t+6\n\t+6\n\t+12\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6 \n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6
\n\n

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d8

Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Class Skills: Appraise, Craft, Concentration, Knowledge (arcana, tactics, war, weaponry), Search, Spellcraft

Armor and Weapon Proficiency: The Blademage gains proficiency with all simple weapons, plus the throwing axe, handaxe, kukri, battleaxe, longsword, scimitar, falchion, glaive, greataxe, greatsword, guisarme, halberd, and scythe; and gains proficiency with light armor and shields (except tower shields).

Armored mage: The Blademage can cast Blademage spells in light armor or while using a shield without the usual arcane spell failure chance. At 5th level, the Blademage gains proficiency with medium armor and does not suffer arcane spell failure with Blademage spells while wearing it. At 10th level, the Blademage gains proficiency with heavy armor and does not suffer arcane spell failure with Blademage spells while wearing it. At 16th level, the Blademage does not suffer arcane spell failure with Blademage spells due to the spell iron body.

Blademage's Edge (Su): As a swift action the Blademage can gain a bonus on his next attack roll, if made with a slashing weapon or Blademage spell, equal to his intelligence bonus (minimum 1), and gain a bonus on the damage roll equal to his class level. This ability can be used a number of times per day up to his class level.

Spells:
The Blademage can spontaneously cast any spell on the class' spell list as an arcane spell. Spell DC is 10 + spell level + Intelligence bonus, and the Blademage recieves bonus spells for having a high Intelligence. The minimum Intelligence to cast a Blademage spell is 10 + spell level.

Blademage spells:
0th: arcane mark, caltrops, detect magic, mending, prestidigitation, read magic

1st: backbiter, blade of blood, blades of fire, bloodletting, create trap, critical strike, cutting hand, detect weaponry, ice dagger, iron scarf, magic weapon, persistent blade (as wizard), silvered weapon, weapon shift

2nd: absorb weapon, align weapon, blade of pain and fear, bladeweave, body blades, burning sword, cloud of knives, daggerspell stance, enlarge weapon, heroics, magic weapon (legion's), rain of needles, returning weapon, sonic weapon, spiritual weapon (longsword), whirling blade, wraithstrike

3rd: animate weapon, blade storm, blade thirst, bladebane, ghost touch weapon, keen edge, magic weapon (greater), rebirth of iron, ring of blades, rust ray, spectral weapon, steeldance, threesteel

4th: align weapon (legion's), dancing blade, fracturing weapon, rusting grasp, shape metal, steelsting, storm of needles, sword of deception

5th: ironguard (lesser), magic weapon (greater, legion's), metal skin, touch of adamantine

6th: brilliant blade, blade barrier, howling chain, rusting fog, wall of iron

7th: adamantine wings, animate siege weapon, decapitating scarf, ironguard, Mordenkainen's sword (as wizard), sword of darkness

8th: brilliant aura, field of icy razors, iron body, repel metal or stone (metal only)

9th: binding chain of fate, black blade of disaster, lash of force, summon golem (iron)

Alabenson
2019-04-26, 09:44 PM
Alright, so giving it a glance over, this class appears to be intended to be a gish-in-a-can type class, and quite frankly it's not a very interesting one. The chassis is mediocre at best, the spell list is far too anemic to make up for it even with 9th level spell access, and the class has no class features to speak of. It's not unsalvageable, but at the very least the class needs more class features to give it some form of identity and to make it more appealing than than a basic Wizard/Fighter/Eldritch Knight build.

kinem
2019-04-26, 10:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

It's not really intended to be chosen because you want to be a gish; there are plenty of options for that already (duskblade, battle sorcerer, EK, abjurant champion, cleric, etc). It's not supposed to replace those by being more appealing, because if it did, that would make your game world incompatible with any source material not designed to have most gishy NPCs choose it. The intent is to allow it to be slotted in to standard D&D games without breaking logic.

It's an ultra-specialized mage, with a bit of gish thrown in due to the theme and to keep the power level reasonable. You would play this class if you want to be able to conjure all sorts of magical blades and related effects, without having access to magic of an entirely different sort. So I certainly disagree that it lacks a unique identity - it has that in spades - though the power level might need some adjustment.

Morphic tide
2019-04-27, 01:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

It's not really intended to be chosen because you want to be a gish; there are plenty of options for that already (duskblade, battle sorcerer, EK, abjurant champion, cleric, etc). It's not supposed to replace those by being more appealing, because if it did, that would make your game world incompatible with any source material not designed to have most gishy NPCs choose it. The intent is to allow it to be slotted in to standard D&D games without breaking logic.

It's an ultra-specialized mage, with a bit of gish thrown in due to the theme and to keep the power level reasonable. You would play this class if you want to be able to conjure all sorts of magical blades and related effects, without having access to magic of an entirely different sort. So I certainly disagree that it lacks a unique identity - it has that in spades - though the power level might need some adjustment.

So the class's concept is a mage focused on the spells that enable swording, rather than swording empowered by magic like other canned gishes? I'd suggest looking at Dread Necromancer (Heroes of Horror), Warmage (Complete Arcane) and Beguiler (Player's Hanbook 2) for other cases of specialized spellcasters (the usual term in the community is "fixed list") like your idea. A feature they all have in common is Advanced Learning, which lets them pull a Wizard spell of their associated school (well, Dread Necro can pick Cleric Necromancy spells, too, and Beguiler has Enchantment and Illusion and the largely-redundant Sorcerer access).

Given the idea of this class, I'd say Advanced Learning's school would be Transmutation, as that's where the spells that do most of the enhancement and manufacture lie, while Conjuration, holder of the rest worth mentioning, is way too open ended. Armored Caster could stand to scale to Heavy armor at high levels, and restricting to solely swords is way, way too narrow for a base class, so a more general "weapon-making" spell set would likely help out quite a bit.

kinem
2019-04-27, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the suggestions.

Extending Armored Mage to heavier armors makes sense and I've edited it in. I also added the ability to use shields.

I don't see Advanced Learning as fitting the theme. Transmutation is too general, allowing things like polymorph or flesh to stone. There aren't many more spells that fit, and if I find one, I'd probably just add it to the base spell list.

Morphic tide
2019-04-27, 11:56 AM
I don't see Advanced Learning as fitting the theme. Transmutation is too general, allowing things like polymorph or flesh to stone. There aren't many more spells that fit, and if I find one, I'd probably just add it to the base spell list.

The point of Advanced Learning is very specifically to make it so that anything important you don't find can be picked by the player and tangentially related effects can be acquired without multiclassing.

By locking the class to specifically and only sword-based magic, you're making it too narrow to be useful. Generalizing it to "the magic that enables swording" gives it thematic access to some very useful effects, such as Adamantine Wings, a 7th-level Sorcerer spell that gives a flight speed and Wing attacks that deal Slashing damage.

Also, there's a lot of things that Slashing damage is a Bad Idea against. Whether it's DR/Piercing or the Split special quality, or other stuff that says Slashing shouldn't be the only physical damage available, being restricted to literally only swords is so insanely narrow that the class can't really be managed because there's so much of it’s capability tied to exactly one thing.

kinem
2019-04-27, 01:44 PM
Adamantine Wings is close enough, so I added it to the list. Thanks for pointing it out.

I don't see Advanced Learning as fitting the class, but I can try to think of another way to customize it. If it were to be included, there would have to be enough options so that not every Blademage would pick the same thing, but without going too far afield. I just don't see that happening.

I think the spell list already includes generalizations: rust-based magic, other iron related things like Wall of Iron, Heroics to use weapons better, Rain of Needles, etc. Many spells do refer to swords or blades, but by no means all of them.

DR/Bludgeoning and/or Piercing is not really that common, and you can bypass it with Wraithstrike or a number of the other spells. To the extent that it makes a few encounters harder to deal with, that's fine; every class has a few opponents to be stronger or weaker against.

The Split special quality is quite rare and would probably only come up once or twice during a long campaign. Even then, it can be useful to use slashing attacks against such creatures, setting them up to face area attacks.

kinem
2020-10-17, 03:32 PM
This is my latest revision, but will not be used in the "Drow Fallen House" game I submitted a blademage for.

Blademage (D&D 3.5)

[/TD]\n[/TR]\n\n\tLevel\n\tBAB\n\tFort\n\tRef\n\tWill\n\tSpeci al \n\t0lvl\n\t1st\n\t2nd\n\t3rd\n\t4th\n\t5th\n\t6th \n\t7th\n\t8th\n\t9th
\n\n\n\t1st\n\t+0\n\t+0\n\t+0\n\t+2\n\tBlademage's Edge, Armored Mage, Somatic Weaponry\n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n \t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t2nd\n\t+1\n\t+0\n\t+0\n\t+3\n\t\n\t6\n\t4\ n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t3rd\n\t+2\n\t+1\n\t+1\n\t+3\n\t\n\t6\n\t5\ n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t4th\n\t+3\n\t+1\n\t+1\n\t+4\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t5th\n\t+3\n\t+1\n\t+1\n\t+4\n\tBonus Feat\n\t6\n\t6\n\t4\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\ n\t—
\n\n\n\t6th\n\t+4\n\t+2\n\t+2\n\t+5\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t7th\n\t+5\n\t+2\n\t+2\n\t+5\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t6\n\t4\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t8th\n\t+6/+1\n\t+2\n\t+2\n\t+6\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t5\n\t3\ n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t9th\n\t+6/+1\n\t+3\n\t+3\n\t+6\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t4\ n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t10th\n\t+7/+2\n\t+3\n\t+3\n\t+7\n\tBonus Feat\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\ n\t—
\n\n\n\t11th\n\t+8/+3\n\t+3\n\t+3\n\t+7\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t4\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t12th\n\t+9/+4\n\t+4\n\t+4\n\t+8\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t13th\n\t+9/+4\n\t+4\n\t+4\n\t+8\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t6\n\t4\n\t—\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t14th\n\t+10/+5\n\t+4\n\t+4\n\t+9\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t6\n\t5\n\t3\n\t—\n\t—
\n\n\n\t15th\n\t+11/+6/+1\n\t+5\n\t+5\n\t+9\n\tBonus Feat\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t4\n\t—\ n\t—
\n\n\n\t16th\n\t+12/+7/+2\n\t+5\n\t+5\n\t+10\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6 \n\t6\n\t6\n\t5\n\t3\n\t—
\n\n\n\t17th\n\t+12/+7/+2\n\t+5\n\t+5\n\t+10\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6 \n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t4\n\t—
\n\n\n\t18th\n\t+13/+8/+3\n\t+6\n\t+6\n\t+11\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6 \n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t5\n\t3
\n\n\n\t19th\n\t+14/+9/+4\n\t+6\n\t+6\n\t+11\n\t\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6 \n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t4
\n\n\n\t20th\n\t+15/+10/+5\n\t+6\n\t+6\n\t+12\n\tBonus Feat\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\n\t6\ n\t6
\n\n

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d8

Skill Points at 1st Level: (4 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Class Skills: Appraise, Craft, Concentration, Knowledge (any), Search, Spellcraft, Spot

Armor and Weapon Proficiency: The Blademage gains proficiency with all simple weapons, plus the throwing axe, handaxe, kukri, battleaxe, longsword, scimitar, falchion, glaive, greataxe, greatsword, guisarme, halberd, and scythe; and gains proficiency with all armor and shields (except tower shields).

Armored Mage: The Blademage can cast Blademage spells in light armor or while using a shield without the usual arcane spell failure chance.

Somatic Weaponry: The Blademage can use a hand holding a slashing weapon to provide the somatic components for spells. When doing so for Blademage spells there is no arcane spell failure chance, even when not in light armor.

Bonus Feat: At 5th level, and every 5 levels thereafter, the Blademage gains a bonus feat which must be either a Metamagic feat or a Fighter Bonus Feat.

Blademage's Edge (Su): As a swift action the Blademage can gain a bonus on his next attack roll, if made with a slashing weapon or Blademage spell, equal to his intelligence bonus (minimum 1), and gain a bonus on the damage roll equal to his class level. This ability can be used a number of times per day up to his class level.

Spells:
The Blademage can spontaneously cast any spell on the class' spell list as an arcane spell. Spell DC is 10 + spell level + Intelligence bonus, and the Blademage recieves bonus spells for having a high Intelligence. The minimum Intelligence to cast a Blademage spell is 10 + spell level.

Blademage spells:
0th: arcane mark, caltrops, detect magic, mending, prestidigitation, read magic

1st: backbiter, blade of blood, blades of fire, bloodletting, create trap, critical strike, cutting hand, detect weaponry, ice dagger, iron scarf, magic weapon, persistent blade (as wizard), silvered weapon, weapon shift

2nd: absorb weapon, align weapon, blade of pain and fear, bladeweave, body blades, burning sword, cloud of knives, daggerspell stance, enlarge weapon, fortify metal or stone (metal only), heroics, magic weapon (legion's), rain of needles, returning weapon, sonic weapon, spiritual weapon (longsword), whirling blade, wraithstrike

3rd: animate weapon, blade storm, blade thirst, bladebane, ghost touch weapon, keen edge, magic weapon (greater), rebirth of iron, ring of blades, rust ray, spectral weapon, steeldance

4th: align weapon (legion's), dancing blade, fracturing weapon, rain of spines, rusting grasp, shape metal, steelsting, storm of needles, sword of deception

5th: ironguard (lesser), magic weapon (greater, legion's), metal skin, touch of adamantine

6th: brilliant blade, blade barrier, howling chain, rusting fog, wall of iron

7th: adamantine wings, animate siege weapon, decapitating scarf, ironguard, Mordenkainen's sword (as wizard), sword of darkness

8th: brilliant aura, field of icy razors, iron body, repel metal or stone (metal only)

9th: binding chain of fate, black blade of disaster, lash of force, summon golem (iron)

kinem
2021-03-20, 08:47 PM
I'm currently playing this class in a PBP and it's worked fine so far, though I would probably make the following changes for future use:

Spells:
1st level: Add Shield
2nd level: Add Frost Weapon (FB).
Note that Spiritual Weapon uses the intelligence bonus, not Wisdom.

Blademage's Edge: Note that the bonuses can apply even if a spell such as Spiritual Weapon makes the attack roll rather than the Blademage himself.

Maat Mons
2021-03-21, 03:03 PM
I feel this class shares a major design flaw with Wizard, Fighter, Sorcerer, and Cleric. It has a severely uninteresting Special column.

The spell list seems to contain a mix of metal-themed spells and sword-themed spells. There is, of course, overlap between those concepts. But some of these spells just don't seem to fit with others.

For example, conjuring planes of force in the shape of a sword is definitely sword-themed. And conjuring a big wall of metal is definitely metal-themed. But they just don't seem to fit with each other at all.

In making any class, there is a fine line that must be walked. If the class is too general, it is bland. If the class is too specific, the range of character concepts it can be used for shrinks unacceptably.

I feel this class is too focused, and should be generalized a bit.

I also feel the class isn't cohesive enough, and some off-theme elements should be trimmed.

And finally, I think the class is feature-poor, and that you really need to add more things to it.

Those pieces of advice may seem contradictory. And to some extent they are. But balancing conflicting needs is really what class design is all about.

I think you should start by splitting this into two separate classes.

One is a ferromancer, a metal-mage. This class is all about having a mystical connection to metals. It does wind up being quite adept at combat. But martial talent is really just a convenient byproduct of the classes magical interests. A ferromancer learns to use armor because he feels at home surrounded by his element of choice. Indeed, while wearing metal armor, his innate connection to it allows him to ignore an amount of armor check penalty equal to his spellcasting ability score. Later, he is able to cause the armor to flex and shift according to his will, and he not only ignores any speed reduction from metal armor, but also increases the max Dex bonus of any metal armor he wears by an amount equal to his spellcasting ability modifier. He learns to warp and shift any metal weapon he wields, increasing its reach, bending it to strike around shields and cover, and ... something something crit range/multiplier. In time, he is able to incorporate metal into his very body, gaining inhuman resiliency.

The other is a battlemage. A veteran of many armed conflicts who has seen firsthand how magic can change the course of a battle, and taken it upon himself to master magic himself, so that he need not be reliant on frail mages who need constant protection. This class would focus heavily on buff spells that are cast on the weapons and armor of himself and his allies. But there would also be a substantial number of spells on the list which buff and individual, rather than his gear, as well as spells that create weapons, of weapon-like effects. This class can and should receive features conducive to using magic in battle. Increased duration for spells he casts on himself or his gear, so that he can always enter battle prepared. The ability to quicken spells he casts on himself or his weapons, se he need not waste time that he could be spending on attacks. Maybe the spell list should also include area spells centered on the caster that move with the caster. That would help sell the idea of why it would be a good idea to have a caster who can stand in the thick of things.

The battlemage could probably gain the ability to qualify for Fighter-only feats, like the Warblade does. It's not all that useful an ability. but it is thematic. Or maybe you could do a Ranger-ish weapon style thing. Except, you know with good options. Maybe an "armor style" too? I don't know.

It might make sense to give the ferromancer some bonus feats that only apply when using mettle weapons. Say, double threat range with mettle weapons, as per Improved Critical, and counts as that feat for prerequisites. Maybe some others?

kinem
2021-03-21, 07:25 PM
Interesting ideas, Maat. Maybe worth developing into new classes.

However, I'm satisfied with the Blademage theme as is, and don't plan to change it. I can see Wall of Iron as being vaguely blade-like as a sheet of metal.

A Blademage is its own thing. It's kind of a hybrid of the concepts you explored, yes. But not just any hybrid of metal-bender and battle-mage, no sir. It's a blade-based mage, and that's the whole point of it.

I agree that it could use more customizability, and I may add features for that.