PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a recurring dream!

Rinquist
2007-10-03, 12:18 PM
Every night I dream I am eating a giant marshmellow. Does anyone know how to stop these dreams from happening?

Please answer expeditiously as I am spending a ton of money buying new pillows.

Ichneumon
2007-10-03, 12:30 PM
I so hope the last part is a joke.

For 4 years I dreamt regulary that I lost my shoes. Dreams mean nothing.

Yeril
2007-10-03, 12:35 PM
I had reccuring dreams about being chased/attacked/eaten by slimer from the ghost busters.. that went on through ages 5 to 11 and I turned out okay *twitch*

Darken Rahl
2007-10-03, 12:50 PM
I have this dream, usually when I'm drifting off, that is so horrible that I cannot remember it, even though I know that I could if it wasn't blocked from my conscious mind. Every time I get even close to remembering it, I get this intense feeling of dread and horror. It's pretty awful.

Dihan
2007-10-03, 12:55 PM
I have recurring dreams of myself switching my lamp off, putting my book down and lying down... It's really annoying when I wake up the next morning when I have a sore neck and can't find the page I was on...

Timberwolf
2007-10-03, 12:56 PM
Every Christmas Eve, I used to dream that I'd be standing by the gate of a house not far from where I live (but not actually my house) and this bulldog'd turn up driving a big American truck. I had until he drove back the other way to get back inside the house or he'd eat me. My legs never used to work. Anyway, one year I got inside before the bulldog came back and never dreamed it again. So, win, finish the marshmallow and you might never dream it again.

Rinquist
2007-10-03, 12:57 PM
That's the problem, I DO finish the marshmellow! And every morning I wake up with no pillows. :smallfrown:

Raiser Blade
2007-10-03, 12:59 PM
Your joking right?

Right?

*Backs away slowly*

Dihan
2007-10-03, 01:01 PM
Try and resist eating the marshmallow?

Darken Rahl
2007-10-03, 01:08 PM
Replace your pillow with a bag of marshmallows?

Micate
2007-10-03, 01:09 PM
When life gives you marshmallows, make Smores.

Semidi
2007-10-03, 01:16 PM
*puts a cigar in his mouth and sits in a big comfy chair before pointing to a reclining couch.*

*Semidi Freud places the tips of his fingers together*

Rinquist, do you remember when your mother stopped to breast-feed you? Did she not do it enough or did she over feed you? I think that you have a debilitating neuroses of an oral fixation that is coming through in your dreams. I suggest you pay me 89.99 an hour to guide you through this and bring your unconscious fixation to the surface where it can be examined and removed… by force. I mean… through psychoanalysis.

Rinquist
2007-10-03, 01:18 PM
*puts a cigar in his mouth and sits in a big comfy chair before pointing to a reclining couch.*

*Semidi Freud places the tips of his fingers together*

Rinquist, do you remember when your mother stopped to breast-feed you? Did she not do it enough or did she over feed you? I think that you have a debilitating neuroses of an oral fixation that is coming through in your dreams. I suggest you pay me 89.99 an hour to guide you through this and bring your unconscious fixation to the surface where it can be examined and removed… by force. I mean… through psychoanalysis.

Hey, now there's a solution that my American mind can comprehend!

SexyOchreJelly
2007-10-03, 01:20 PM
Sleep without a pillow on a hard surface, preferebly concrete.

It may hurt, but it will probably stop the dreams.

Darken Rahl
2007-10-03, 01:21 PM
Don't sleep!

DraPrime
2007-10-03, 01:39 PM
Unless you have a serious problem with this dream, then don't worry about it. It will go away eventually. I honestly hope that your joking about the pillows. I can't imagine just how much comes out into the crapper.

Runolfr
2007-10-03, 02:01 PM
Every night I dream I am eating a giant marshmellow. Does anyone know how to stop these dreams from happening?

Please answer expeditiously as I am spending a ton of money buying new pillows.

Smack yourself in the head a few times with a cast-iron frying pan before bed. That'll take care of it.

Exeson
2007-10-03, 02:08 PM
Smack yourself in the head a few times with a cast-iron frying pan before bed. That'll take care of it.

It will probably take care of him as well. I would suggest you get one of those really solid brick like pillows people get for bad necks and try and eat through that :smallamused:

Castaras
2007-10-03, 02:16 PM
Recurring dreams?

I used to get one loads...Got rid of it by writing it down in detail.

*shrugs* Might work. Might not.

CrazedGoblin
2007-10-03, 02:30 PM
sounds nasty and interesting at the same time

Ashtar
2007-10-03, 02:53 PM
If you are using soft pillows, change for a ergonomic synthetic pillow (http://www.backinaction.co.uk/tempurpillows) that moulds to the head. These are nice.

Experiment also eating 1 Marshmallow before going to bed.

Cyrano
2007-10-03, 03:08 PM
Dance a rain dance thrice widdershins under the light of an empty moon (to symbolize a lack of marshmellows.) Then go to sleep inside a tiny closet propped up only with toothpicks and hope, whilst listening to the soundtrack of Serenity on repeat.

Rinquist
2007-10-03, 03:11 PM
If you are using soft pillows, change for a ergonomic synthetic pillow (http://www.backinaction.co.uk/tempurpillows) that moulds to the head. These are nice.

Experiment also eating 1 Marshmallow before going to bed.

Whoa, let's not get crazy. I'm spending enough money on replacing my pillows. If I end up eating one of those "shapes to your massive head" pillows, I'll be out a whole bunch of cash!

I'm only a humble Nuclear Physicist, I don't have that kind of money.

Cyrano
2007-10-03, 03:13 PM
"But the new Ergnonomic Synthetic Pillow shapes to your esophagus! And stomach lining!"

Darken Rahl
2007-10-03, 03:55 PM
What about the sphincter?!

Don Julio Anejo
2007-10-03, 04:22 PM
Have you tried sleeping on a rock before?

Person: Doctor, I have this problem where I think monsters hide under my bed.
Therapist: Hmm.. And how long have you had this problem?
Person: blah-blah-blah.

A number of therapy sessions follows in an attempt to figure out what could be the cause of the hallucinations. Suddenly the guy stops going to see his doc. Therapist calls him and asks him why.

Person: Oh. You were costing me 75 bucks an hour and my buddy fixed me up for 20 bucks and a couple of beers.
Therapist: *wtf* How?
Person: Well, he took a saw and cut off the legs on my bed.

Totally Guy
2007-10-03, 04:23 PM
I had a recurring dream once that a friendly giant robot was looking for me but couldn't find me.

The dream went away once I'd found a video of that particular giant robot show. I could prove to my friends that the show existed as I wasn't crazy.

eidreff
2007-10-03, 05:25 PM
Try toasting pillows over a fire, and then go to sleep on a giant marshmallow.

That or read about real marshmallow (the plant) possibly dull enough to cure you.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-10-03, 07:46 PM
You people with your dreams and your having and rembering thereof.

reorith
2007-10-03, 07:47 PM
have you considered doing a barrel roll? but in all honesty, most sleep related problems can be overcome by not sleeping.

Da Beast
2007-10-03, 07:53 PM
One time I had a dream where everyone started turning into zombies and I had to fight my way out of the city. Eventually I met an old man who told me I could find the cure in an abandoned warehouse so I set of to find it. When I got there I met up with two talking dogs that were also looking for the cure. The dogs were somehow brothers despite clearly being different breeds. The three of us made are way into the abandoned warehouse (which was actually a factory) and climbed up to the third floor. There the guy who was supposed to have the cure told us that it didn't actually exist. The dogs started arguing and the fighting. When I tried to break it up the guy we had found yelled "STOP! You don't need a cure because the people of the world haven’t really become zombies, they've all just turned into ***holes!" He then opened the curtains on the windows (the weird part being that the curtains were already open) and I looked out. The window was somehow at ground level (remember now, this was on the third floor of an above ground building) and I could see waves of people goose stepping past in big lines. They all still looked rotten and zombie-fied except now they had huge smiles on there faces and somehow I knew that they weren't zombies but had really just become ***holes. As weird as that sounds it doesn't even come close to describing who strange that dream was.

Rinquist
2007-10-03, 07:56 PM
One time I had a dream where everyone on started turning into zombies and I had to fight my way out of the city. Eventually I met an old man who told me I could find the cure in an abandoned warehouse so I set of to find it. When I got there I met up with two talking dogs that were also looking for the cure. The dogs were somehow brothers despite clearly being different breeds. The three of us made are way into the abandoned warehouse (which was actually a factory) and climbed up to the third floor. There the guy who was supposed to have the cure told us that it didn't actually exist. The dogs started arguing and the fighting. When I tried to break it up the guy we had found yelled "STOP! You don't need a cure because the people of the world haven’t really become zombies, they've all just turned into ***holes!" He then opened the curtains on the windows (the weird being that the curtains were already open) and I looked out. The window was somehow at ground level (remember now, this was on the third floor of an above ground building) and could see waves of people goose stepping past in big lines. They all still looked rotten and zombie-fied except now they had huge smiles on there faces and somehow I knew that they weren't zombies but had really just become ***holes. As weird as that sounds it doesn't even come close to describing who strange that dream was.

That was no dream. Everyone's already an a**hole.

By the way, your description was hilarious. Did you seriously have that dream?

Da Beast
2007-10-03, 07:56 PM
I couldn't make something like that up if I tried.

Rinquist
2007-10-03, 07:58 PM
Oh man I'm still laughing. I think I'm going to use that idea for my student film. I'm totally gonna credit you.

Da Beast
2007-10-03, 07:59 PM
Go for it.

The Orange Zergling
2007-10-03, 08:40 PM
For a while I had a recurring dream of choking on a foam ball four times the size of my throat, yet at the same time I'd bounce it against the wall and it would come back twice as big. While still lodged in my throat.

:smallconfused:

I think it just went away after a while... and do you know if you actually consume your pillows? I find that rather unlikely...

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-10-03, 08:47 PM
I also have problems with dreams. Each night I dream I'm eating some jawbreakers, and then when I wake up my marble collection is gone!:smalleek:

Rinquist
2007-10-03, 08:48 PM
I also have problems with dreams. Each night I dream I'm eating some jawbreakers, and then when I wake up my marble collection is gone!:smalleek:

Finally, someone who knows what I'm talking about!!

It's a horrible feeling, isn't it?!

onasuma
2007-10-04, 12:55 AM
Pst... That was a really obvious joke.

Raiser Blade
2007-10-04, 01:13 AM
Garfield reference yayz!

reorith
2007-10-04, 01:29 AM
every now and then i dream that some where she still loves me. but then i visit her grave and reality sets in.

death, according to this book i have, the marbles are a symbol of sexuality or sexual prowess...

Darken Rahl
2007-10-04, 07:45 AM
Hey look! Someone wrote gullible on the ceiling!! :smallwink:

UnrealSkill
2007-10-04, 04:35 PM
I'm concerned for your health, eating a giant marshmellow every night cannot be good for you. You'll be fat in your dreams soon enough.