PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Heist/Homebrew -Next step prep

Zhari
2019-04-27, 12:57 PM
Hi Folks.
Need Help to prep our next Session. Dunno what would be fun.

My Party is currently playing my campaign in waterdeep. few ideas from official campaign Dragon Heist, but mostly homebrew.

They discovered that a few City Guards are corrupt and let Wagons with illegial weapons from the zhentarim in the City.
Now they arranged a Meeting with an officer of the City Guards through their contact in the Order of the Gauntlet Faction. Thats how our Last Session ended.

Now my Problem as DM is that i dunno what cud come next. I think the guard would probably want to know what the PCs know and then wants to investigate by themselves so they dont discredit the City Guards to the outside. Maybe Just a Talk to the officer and a "thanks for the Info" and a few days later the PCs get a small reward and a hint that the corrupt Guards are "gone"? Sounds boring. Doesnt it?

Unoriginal
2019-04-27, 01:58 PM
Hi Folks.
Need Help to prep our next Session. Dunno what would be fun.

My Party is currently playing my campaign in waterdeep. few ideas from official campaign Dragon Heist, but mostly homebrew.

They discovered that a few City Guards are corrupt and let Wagons with illegial weapons from the zhentarim in the City.
Now they arranged a Meeting with an officer of the City Guards through their contact in the Order of the Gauntlet Faction. Thats how our Last Session ended.

Now my Problem as DM is that i dunno what cud come next. I think the guard would probably want to know what the PCs know and then wants to investigate by themselves so they dont discredit the City Guards to the outside. Maybe Just a Talk to the officer and a "thanks for the Info" and a few days later the PCs get a small reward and a hint that the corrupt Guards are "gone"? Sounds boring. Doesnt it?

Well, [spoiler warning] one of the Watch Captains is a Zentharim higher-up (as revealed in the NPC appendix). You could have them "handle" the issue, and then use the continuing smuggling (but now much more discreet) as a later plot point.