PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Question on Archetypes concerning partial casters being turned into full casters?

death390
2019-04-28, 11:55 AM
There are a lot of archetypes to deal with so while i am going through several of them i thought i would ask. does anyone know of a archetype that turns a 4/9 or 6/9 spellcaster into a 9/9, such as giving a bard or magus full casting?

Selion
2019-04-28, 03:10 PM
Not in my knowledge, by the way if you want a few magus features in a full caster class you can look at the blade adept arcanist archetipe, just don't expect to became suddenly a half martial with just a couple of magus arcana and spellstrike:
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/hybrid-classes/arcanist/archetypes/paizo-arcanist-archetypes/blade-adept/
Also, if your master allows it you could try some variant multiclassing

Psyren
2019-04-29, 09:03 AM
Off the top of my head, it's a lot easier to add bardic performance or other T3 class abilities to a 9/9 casting class than the reverse. Mind spelling out what you're after more specifically?

Florian
2019-04-29, 05:38 PM
There are a lot of archetypes to deal with so while i am going through several of them i thought i would ask. does anyone know of a archetype that turns a 4/9 or 6/9 spellcaster into a 9/9, such as giving a bard or magus full casting?

Not to my knowledge, no. Considering the discount some classes are already getting, the question rather is: what for?

death390
2019-04-30, 07:31 AM
my favorite class from 3.5 is not in pathfinder (the Beguiler), it was a 9/9 spontaneous INT caster with rouge like abilities. the nightblade is the closest class that i can find to this, but it is a 6/9 caster. i was trying to figure out how to move it to a 9/9 caster but i haven't found any archetypes that move a caster from half to full status.

Alexvrahr
2019-04-30, 09:16 PM
The closest to a spellcasting upgrade via archetype is the silksworn occultist. It doesn't quite make the occultist a 9-level spellcaster but it's better than the usual 6-level spellcaster. Most archetypes have no effect or a negative effect on spellcasting. None actually jump up from 4 to 6 level or from 6 to 9.

Psyren
2019-04-30, 09:48 PM
my favorite class from 3.5 is not in pathfinder (the Beguiler), it was a 9/9 spontaneous INT caster with rouge like abilities. the nightblade is the closest class that i can find to this, but it is a 6/9 caster. i was trying to figure out how to move it to a 9/9 caster but i haven't found any archetypes that move a caster from half to full status.

Nightblade is already 3rd-party, so why not just houserule/homebrew something to adjust it?

Jack_Simth
2019-04-30, 09:51 PM

Heh. So you started two threads to approach the problem from two different angles. Interesting. Might I suggest simply asking "How close can I get to the 3.5 Beguiler Class in Pathfinder?" Regardless... see my answer in the other thread. In Pathfinder, most Int-based 9th level casters come fairly close almost automatically just because Pathfinder added skills to the Headband of Intellect, and added a skill option for Favored Class Bonuses - which combined, make up the difference between 2+Int and 6+Int. You'll need to go through a few hoops to get the class skills you want... but those are just a matter of a +3 bonus when you've invested ranks. You'll need to pick up trapfinding, but there's a trait for that. Beyond those steps, any 9th level Arcane Int-based caster will function - Wizard, Arcanist, Witch, or a Sage Sorcerer (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/sorcerer/archetypes/paizo-sorcerer-archetypes/wildblooded/mutated-bloodlines-paizo/sage). They're even all d6 classes.