PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Your BBEG NPC's

Wuzza
2019-04-29, 10:25 AM
While this sort of thread isn't what I'd normally post, I thought it might be interesting to see what everyone else has come up with. (and there also seems to be quite a few "what stats should I use for my BBEG"
If we could get a reference thread it may be helpful for a lot of people. (or it may just fall flat on its face :smallbiggrin:)

Name changed in case any of my players are watching. Orc Barbarian/Shaman type character.

ORC BBEG
Medium Humanoid Chaotic Evil
Armour Class 17
Hit Points 130
Speed 40 ft

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
18 (+4) 12 (+1) 17 (+3) 8 (-1) 13 (+2) 12 (+1)

Saving Throws Strength +9, Wisdom +7

Senses Passive Perception 12
Languages Common, Orc
Challenge 8 (3,900 XP)

Rage of the Ancients (lasts 1 minute) The Orc invokes the Spirits of the Ancients,summoning 4 ghostly Orc warriors While at least 1 warrior is within range, The Orc gains resistance to all damage, except force. While active, a fierce storm surrounds the Orc,causing disadvantage to all enemies within 10 ft

Battle Cry (1/Day) Gain advantage on attack rolls until the end of the war chief's next turn and regain 4d10 +12 hit points.

ACTIONS Three Attacks
Battleaxe:(x2) Melee Weapon Attack. +7 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target, 1d8+9 slash damage

Spirit Warrior (X4)
Armour Class 14
Hit Points 30
Speed 40 ft
STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
16 (+2) 12 (+1) 16 (+2) 5 (-3) 10 (+0) 8 (-1)

Saving Throws Strength +9, Wisdom +7

ACTIONS Three Attacks
Battleaxe: Melee Weapon Attack. +4 to hit, reach 5 ft, one target, 1d8+2 slash damage

Aembrosia
2019-04-29, 12:07 PM
Most of my creatures/npcs are ripped from official resources but; this one time an elven monk got briefly sent to Androlynne as a random result. So I needed a statblock for Pale Night to hunt him.

I can edit it here later.

VonKaiserstein
2019-04-29, 01:28 PM
I had been watching Kungpow- Enter the Fist, and thought it would be hilarious to have a cursed temple high in the mountains. It was almost exclusively populated by Skelemonks, (skeletons with an extra d4 bonus open palm strike attack if they hit) and led by a Monkotaur Skeleton. Take a Minotaur Skeleton, Improve it's AC by 1,and give it flurry of blows.

It is highly recommended that you pose in the silliest, most overwrought kung fu poses you can as you're using this creature.

mephiztopheleze
2019-04-29, 07:04 PM
Most of my BBEGs are recycled, slightly reskinned characters from previous campaigns.

I always keep old character sheets for use this way, it saves a ton of time coming up with ideas and means I have a folder full of 'NPCs' whenever I need a new NPC because my players have, once again, screwed with my plans.

Wizard_Lizard
2019-04-30, 02:41 AM
the bbeg for my campaign the party met in a cave somewhere.
He was a bratty annoying lvl 1 fighter who kept whining about joininf the party, they let him, then he set off a whole bunch of ambushes and almost got mkst of thm killed. They left him on the island

Behind the scenes he sells his soul and they meet him as a lvl 4 warlock fighter 1 who they easily beat.

the next time they will meet him he has 10 warlock lvls and still one fighter lvl. This time he will be a challenge, but O expect the party to beat him eventually with maybe one death.
after the battle he will die.

the final time they meet him, he is an undead fighter 1 wrlock 12 paladin athbreaker 20 epic boss battle will ensue.

Great Dragon
2019-04-30, 02:15 PM
One of my favorite long term BBEGs is:
Lich (Necromancer) Archmage.

Older D&D, he also had Death Domain Cleric levels, with 3.x adding True Necromancer PrC.

It really did have an Undead Army.

If anyone is interested, let me know, and I'll crank out the stats and such for both 3e and 5e.