PDA

View Full Version : Beating a Mofo With Another Mofo?

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-04-29, 10:31 AM
WARHULK SMASH!

Okay, so I'm at a loss as to how to do this effectively and efficiently. Pick up an enemy and use it to beat others to death. Scorpion's Grasp (Sandstorm) + improvised weapon attacks, maybe? Is there a better, more elegant way to do this? It'd be especially nice if the number penalties were smaller than with Scorpion's Grasp, and if the "beat a mofo with another mofo" dealt damage to both mofos. As 'twere.

Malphegor
2019-04-29, 10:51 AM
I think the usual method is using Hulking Hurler for the Really Throw Anything class feature, but I forget how that works tbh.

WhamBamSam
2019-04-29, 10:53 AM
I'd do some manner of Gravetouched Ghoul size boosting build with Area Attack and Contagious Paralysis. Paralyze someone, then Area Attack with them as the weapon and Paralyze a bunch of other enemies too. At the very least, Area Attack or Drunken Master seem like the way to go to be good at using improvised weapons.

As for making the guy you're wielding also take damage, maybe use Deceptive Dodge or some ToB counters to 'block' attacks with the guy you're wielding?

Psyren
2019-04-29, 11:00 AM
Body Bludgeon (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/barbarian/rage-powers/paizo-rage-powers/body-bludgeon-ex/) rage power would be a start if you want to make something more general

Zaq
2019-04-29, 11:08 AM
Isn’t there a “Fling Enemy” feat in Races of Stone? I forget if it’s hampered in a way that makes it unsuitable for use even if you qualify, but I’m pretty sure it at least exists.

Mr Adventurer
2019-04-29, 11:10 AM
I was going to suggest Goliath, Fling Enemy feat, and Bloodstorm Blade for hilarious rebounding antics. Not exactly what was asked for, though

Telonius
2019-04-29, 02:45 PM
I'd do some manner of Gravetouched Ghoul size boosting build with Area Attack and Contagious Paralysis. Paralyze someone, then Area Attack with them as the weapon and Paralyze a bunch of other enemies too. At the very least, Area Attack or Drunken Master seem like the way to go to be good at using improvised weapons.

As for making the guy you're wielding also take damage, maybe use Deceptive Dodge or some ToB counters to 'block' attacks with the guy you're wielding?

Depending on how literally you take this line, Drunken Master would work:

"When a drunken master rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll while using an improvised weapon, that weapon breaks apart and becomes useless."