PDA

View Full Version : Weird request, help me design an ECL 8 Tibbit using templates

sutasafaia64
2019-04-30, 06:06 PM
So our DM is setting up a weird campaign. We don't know the details as of yet, but we're allowed to be literally anything as long as the CL is 8 with a few exceptions. This means I can play a Rakshasa (woo! ). However, we do not get racial HD or any benefit that derives solely from said HD (bonus skill points, feats, sorc levels, etc). We are also allowed to stack as many templates as we want on lower level races to bring them up to CL 8. My fiance wants to play a Tibbit Spell Thief and I am honestly at a 100% loss as to what advice to give her for this one. I could really use some ideas here. We must use templates and not class levels because our actual character level has to be level 1 after all is said and done (not ECL, obviously).

Thurbane
2019-04-30, 06:16 PM
Draconic +1
Half-Fey +2
Dark Creature +1
Half-Vampire +2
Phrenic +2

sutasafaia64
2019-04-30, 06:28 PM
Would need to eliminate one of those in order for the Tibbit to be level 1 (ECL 8 would be 7 levels of templates + 1 level of spell thief, right?) but that's a really good start, thanks. I'm not familiar with templates as a general rule since we normally don't get to use them to this extent.

Thurbane
2019-04-30, 06:35 PM
OK, so if you're looking for LA +7 (I misread as looking for LA +8), I'd change as follows:

Draconic +1
Half-Fey +2
Dark Creature +1
Mineral Warrior +1
Phrenic +2

...or, alternatively:

Half-Fey +2
Phrenic +2
Spellwarped +3

sutasafaia64
2019-04-30, 06:38 PM
Thanks, I will show them the ideas. We're both equally lost as to what to do with this many options suddenly open to us that we've simply never had before.

Rebel7284
2019-05-01, 12:16 AM
Monster of Legend template was errataed to be +7LA as I recall and gives some nice goodies including 3.0 Haste or Cleric casting as options.

Vizzerdrix
2019-05-01, 12:27 AM
I will second phrenic, spellwarped, mineral warrior, and dark. Ive used all 4 and they are fantastic.

You may also want to look into divine minion, feral, and obah blessed.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-05-01, 12:34 AM
HOLD THE PHONE did you say you don't have to take racial HD?!

Lycanthrope (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lycanthrope.htm) is a +3 LA. For a Tibbit, use Legendary Eagle (MM2) for the animal portion and in hybrid or animal form you'll get Str +4, Dex +20, Con +6, and +6 natural armor, and you'll still be small size. You can put that on medium humanoid and pick Legendary Tiger (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/legendaryAnimal.htm) for the animal portion, in hybrid or animal form you'll get Str +22, Dex +8, Con +14, and +12 natural armor.

Edit: A Tibbit is a monstrous humanoid, so it can't be a lycanthrope. However, you can use a different small humanoid, and use Legendary Tiger with Dungeonbred applied as the animal portion of lycanthrope. In this case you'll get Str +18, Dex +12, Con +14, and +10 natural armor in hybrid or medium tiger form. So instead of a small tibbit who can turn into a tiny cat, you'll have a small something else that can turn into a medium juggernaut tiger of destruction.

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-05-01, 03:23 AM
Spellwarped +3

Spellwarped is fantastically flavorful for a Spellthief.

ShurikVch
2019-05-01, 09:30 AM
How about the Half-Ogre (+1, Dragon #313) and Ogre Titan (+6, Price of Courage)?
Necromantic Talent and Soul Blast - may be a way to mimic the Ak'chazar Rakshasa...

Or how about something more "draconic": Draconic Creature (+1) White Dragonspawn (+1) Dragonspawn Abomination (+1) Half-Dragon (+3)?

Or, maybe, something more "fey": Unseelie Fey (+0*) Mistling (+6, Forge of War)?