PDA

View Full Version : War forged warlock

WiccanChaos
2019-05-01, 12:10 PM
So I created a warforged celestial warlock with a goblin Articifer sidekick( who was raised by dwarves) and wondering if I should multiclass either or both of them. Any thoughts?

Man_Over_Game
2019-05-01, 12:14 PM
So I created a warforged celestial warlock with a goblin Articifer sidekick( who was raised by dwarves) and wondering if I should multiclass either or both of them. Any thoughts?

Bit of a shame, honestly. If the Warforged was a Paladin, this could be a really cool combination of a robot mech and his tiny tinkerer. In this instance, though, the Artificer is probably going to be tankier in most scenarios than the Warforged, which creates some odd imagery.

If you're going with any kind of multiclass on either, I would recommend Divine Soul Sorcerer to get Warding Bond and make it some sort of life-bond healer bot. Use the Gift of the Ever-Living Ones to ramp up that self healing. As for the Artificer, Arcane Trickster is where my mind instantly goes.

Vogie
2019-05-01, 01:10 PM
If you have the stats for it, a 1 level dip into Grave Cleric will give you Bane, Allow you to Spare the Dying at range, more 1st level spell slots, and allow you to always roll a six on your healing light die when you target a downed character.

Celestial ChainLocks have the unique ability to use Cure Wounds at range without multiclassing or using feats, as they can use the familiar to deliver the healing spell.

I don't know enough about artificer (or which one you're using) to give MC advice.

Tangentially related: I've always wanted to play a Warforged Chain Lock with a Sprite Familiar, that acts as though the Sprite is the PC, and the Warforged is a mech that they're piloting, a la titanfall

JackPhoenix
2019-05-01, 02:14 PM
What do you want to achieve? Multiclassing for multiclassing's sake is pointles and stupid, but it if helps you fulfill some goal, sure, multiclass away.

stoutstien
2019-05-01, 05:00 PM
A few lvs of forge cleric so you can be a celestial war forged forge cleric who forges forges for locals who wish to forge

Man_Over_Game
2019-05-01, 06:01 PM
A few lvs of forge cleric so you can be a celestial war forged forge cleric who forges forges for locals who wish to forge

War Forge's Forged Forges.

We accept credit! (*No Forgeries!*)

Asmotherion
2019-05-01, 06:45 PM
Divine soul sorcerer multiclass.

Remember those "angels" from Overlord (more machines than humanoid)?

RedMage125
2019-05-02, 01:59 PM
Tangentially related: I've always wanted to play a Warforged Chain Lock with a Sprite Familiar, that acts as though the Sprite is the PC, and the Warforged is a mech that they're piloting, a la titanfall

This is gold! Mind if I plagiarize it?

The wargorged could be called 6UN-D4M.

Vogie
2019-05-02, 02:53 PM
This is gold! Mind if I plagiarize it?

The warforged could be called 6UN-D4M.

100%!

You'll need to run it by the DM because it requires some handwavium to make the concept work:

Where is the Sprite at levels 1 & 2? Just hanging around inside?
Do you still get the invisible ranged help action and touch attacks from a familiar while it is "piloting"?
What happens when the PC hits 0 HP?

Once you get those questions answered, (although the first could be ignored if you start at level 3 or higher) it'll be super fun and I hope you enjoy it.