PDA

View Full Version : Any good Archetype resources?

tedcahill2
2019-05-01, 03:57 PM
I'm thinking that for an upcoming campaign I want to have some specific archetypes available, which would essentially be 20 level builds utilizing multiclass and prestige classes in a set order to make a single unique "class" for the game.

It's going to, hopefully, be a really gritty, dangerous, lowish-magic, setting where the players will really need to be smart and utilize down time to recover. This will not be a game of heroes and villains, this will be a world where everything is a grey area and actions have, often dire, consequences.

Despite that from being a pretty generic sounding setting to some, can any tell me of a good resource of character archetypes that fit a dark dangerous setting? Like instead of a fighter class I might have the Mercenary, falling somewhere between rogue and fighter, and a bounty hunter class that's primarily ranger and scout and a bit of blood hound in the mix.

Selion
2019-05-01, 07:12 PM
Just one premise: i strongly suggest to implement some automatic bonus progression chart in a low magic setting, otherwise numbers just won't work. This one is from Pathfinder, I don't know if there is something specifically for D&D.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/unchained-rules/automatic-bonus-progression/
On topic, look at Pathfinder hybrid classes, in particular the slayer, the brawler, the skald and the bloodrager