PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [Legendary Games] Legendary Ranger Open Playtest

A.J.Gibson
2019-05-01, 09:07 PM
It's now the ranger's turn to get the Legendary Games treatment, courtesy of me, Wren Rosario and Joe Gomez! The LR is a new version of the ranger redesigned to make it a little more competitive with other classes while making it more flexible and a make its class features less niche. The book also has new feats and new ranger spells for all rangers. And here it is:

The Legendary Ranger (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zMWkGbRUSKD4htmEj9cmGAQeNawcC_JowSKmL285UUo/edit?usp=sharing)

We'll try to respond to everyone, though from my experience, it's not uncommon for playtests to want things that contradict each other. But tell us what's good (so we don't change it) or what's crap (so we can fix it). You can comment directly on the document if you want to talk about specific things, but I tend to resolve things quickly so that the page loads reasonably fast on my phone. This thread is a good spot for more general discussion. We're open to requests for new things, but the book is already pretty full, so nothing too big, please :)

Archiplex
2019-05-01, 09:19 PM
Here to say hello! I'm Wren and it's been a blast working on this with the others- I hope it's something people like (and if they don't, tell us what parts and why!), and that it finds its home alongside the other LEGENDARY classes!

Thealtruistorc
2019-05-01, 11:46 PM
Perfect reading companion for the new Eluveitie album that just came out.

Dropped a crapton of commentary on the doc. Overall, I think you folks did a great job, and I definitely want to play this class at some point in the near future. That said, there are a few things that could be tinkered with and a few archetypes/archetype options which are separated unnecessarily from the base class.

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-05-02, 02:12 AM
You've probably heard this already, but Form of the Wolf is crazy strong. Especially since at 6th level you can make it permanent.

A.J.Gibson
2019-05-10, 09:59 PM
We're about half-way through the playtest, and a number have changes take place:
-unbreakable stride and covert nature have been compressed into two levels of abilities, rather than 3
-herbalism has been brought down in power a bit, and the alchemical bonus starts lower but gets higher without needing to acquire another talent
-shapeshifter has been reorganized for readability and some of the forms have been rewritten, natural weapon damage has been nerfed
-sizeshifter has been adjusted, I know some people don't like it thematically, but some people do, and you always have the option of not playing it
-pack leader has been updated
-combat adaptability has been rewritten
-homesoil is now favored domain, and archenemy is now favored foe
-the cloaked assassin archetype has been folded into the hand of nature's might archetype as a talent, since that's really what it was for anyways
-the grizzled talent of the feral scavenger archetype has been made into a general talent

Spells have largely remained unchanged, as there has been virtually no comments on them.