PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Conversion of Niche Utility 3.x/PF [Spell] [P.E.A.C.H.]

DracoDei
2019-05-02, 03:00 PM
Was making a cleric domain (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?585284-D-amp-D-Subclass-Contest-VIII-Something-Borrowed&p=23877043#post23877043) for a sub-class contest (voting starts May 6th, 2019!). I was going to include this on their spell-list, but decided that it was too complicated. Had it in a spoiler there in case I changed my mind, and just so I didn't lose it, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to put it back in. Moving it here.

Might give this as part of the capstone to a ranger archetype called the "Mama Bear/Papa Wolf" that emphasizes opportunity attacks.

Helping Hand
3rd-level Evocation (Ritual)
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 5 miles
Components: V, S
Duration: Concentration, up to 5 hours
You create the ghostly image of a hand, which you can send to find a creature within 5 miles. You can specify a person (or any creature) by physical description, which can include race, gender, and appearance but not ambiguous factors such as level, alignment, or class. When the description is complete, the hand streaks off in search of a subject that fits the description. The hand then beckons to that creature and leads it to you if the creature is willing to follow.

If the subject is within 1,000 ft the hand finds them in 1 minute. Beyond this range it takes 1 hour per of mile distance (rounded up).

Once the hand locates the subject, it beckons the creature to follow it. If the subject does so, the hand points in your direction, indicating the most direct feasible route. The hand hovers 10 feet in front of the subject, moving before it at a speed of as much as 120 feet per round. Once the hand leads the subject back to you, it disappears.

If the subject chooses not to follow, the hand continues to beckon for the duration of the spell, then disappears. If the spell expires while the subject is en route to you, the hand disappears; the subject must then rely on her own devices to locate you.

If more than one subject in a 5-mile radius meets the description, the hand locates the closest creature. If that creature refuses to follow the hand, the hand does not seek out a second subject.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a slot of 4th level or higher, the duration increases by one hour for each slot level above 3rd. It still requires concentration.

JNAProductions
2019-05-03, 09:33 PM
Seems fine to me. Definitely niche-to the point where I'd consider making it a ritual spell.