PDA

View Full Version : Player Help (Pathfinder) Flowing Monk 4 / Staff Magus 6 Advice needed

Nosta
2019-05-03, 12:35 AM
The Game my friend has been planning for a while has been put on hold for issues with the one players health

well The More I look at it a paladin is just not my top of Tea and even if i lose the Boons we where going to have.

I may want to change to the above mention Build

But I need Advice on it.

For a 25 point or 20 (I May Be forced to use a lesser array as I will not be one of chosen Heroes but who knows.

Any ways I need stat and race Advice for Him or her (not sure yet)

going for a Traveling Wise magical Vagabond

Kurald Galain
2019-05-03, 12:54 AM
So what would you like your build to do? It's hard to answer your question without that.

Generally speaking, monk/magus is not a good combo, because flurry of blows doesn't stack with spell combat.

Nosta
2019-05-03, 12:59 AM
Well I wanted to Focus on Trip and Repostion Maneuvers and use My Magus Spells for buff and utility spells

Psyren
2019-05-03, 01:12 AM
As Kurald mentioned, mixing these two classes doesn't give you anything that is worth what you give up (i.e. higher spells and more arcana.) If you want a magus that punches things or whacks them with a stick, go straight magus. If you want a magus that does those things and also doesn't wear armor and you don't mind a little less casting (clearly you don't if you're okay losing 4 levels of magus) then just be a Kensai Magus 10. Either way, don't bother with monk.

Kurald Galain
2019-05-03, 02:17 AM
Well I wanted to Focus on Trip and Repostion Maneuvers and use My Magus Spells for buff and utility spells

That's an interesting setup.

In that case I recommend going Flowing Monk 1 (to get I.Trip as bonus feat, and for its immediate reaction ability) and Staff Magus 9. Magus is pretty good at using maneuvers, and you can pull stunts like Spell Combat + True Strike + maneuver of your choice. A good trait for this is Bred for War; a fun race to use is Grippli so you can reach-trip with your tongue. Here's a Magus handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?423754-Myrrh-Frankincense-and-Steel-Kurald-Galain-s-Guide-to-the-Magus/). HTH

Nosta
2019-05-03, 01:10 PM
I need some help with my Feats

Highly considering the Grippli race

But would like Advice on my feats

grarrrg
2019-05-03, 07:03 PM
I need some help with my Feats

Highly considering the Grippli race

But would like Advice on my feats

Does that mean you're going with the Kensai suggestion? Flowing 1/Staff 9? Or your original idea?
Because the recommendations can vary quite a bit based on exact classes.

Nosta
2019-05-03, 08:37 PM
Build Grippli Flowing Monk 1 / Staff magus 9

Will Include Agile Tongue and build toward Tripping Twirl