PDA

View Full Version : Ability to Reroll a failed Will save in the following round

tedcahill2
2019-05-03, 06:53 AM
Is there a class that has such an ability? I know I've seen it before but I can't recall if it's just a feature off certain enchantments or if there's a class ability somewhere that allows it.

Thurbane
2019-05-03, 07:04 AM
You maybe thinking of Slippery Mind, a class feature that Rogues can select:

Slippery Mind (Ex)
This ability represents the rogue’s ability to wriggle free from magical effects that would otherwise control or compel her. If a rogue with slippery mind is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails her saving throw, she can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. She gets only this one extra chance to succeed on her saving throw.

Some other classes/PrCs get it too:

Contemplative 2
Dark Lantern 7
Lurk 15
Mountebank 7
Night Mask Deathbringer 6
Shadowdancer 7
Spymaster 5
Swashbuckler 17
Vigilante 9
Yakuza 10
Zhentarim Spy 4

Worth mentioning the Indomitable Soul feat (PHB2) that allows you to roll twice against mind affecting and fear effects, and take the better of the two rolls.

tedcahill2
2019-05-03, 07:22 AM
Worth mentioning the Indomitable Soul feat (PHB2) that allows you to roll twice against mind affecting and fear effects, and take the better of the two rolls.

That's perfect. Better than what I thought I was looking for.

Khedrac
2019-05-03, 10:21 AM
Also Spirit Shaman 5:

Follow the Guide (Su): At 5th level and higher, a spirit shaman’s spirit guide helps her maintain control of her mind. If a spirit shaman is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails her saving throw, she can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. She only gets this one extra chance to succeed on her saving throw.
Not all Will Saves, but not just Will Saves either. (That said, I don't recall and enchantment effects that are other saves.)

Thurbane
2019-05-04, 05:13 PM
Also Spirit Shaman 5:

Not all Will Saves, but not just Will Saves either. (That said, I don't recall and enchantment effects that are other saves.)

That's interesting, similar but slightly different to Slippery Mind.

I also stumbled across the Liberation Domain domain power: "If you are affected by a charm, compulsion or fear effect and fail your saving throw, you can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. You get only this one extra chance to succeed on your saving throw. This granted power is considered a supernatural ability."