PDA

View Full Version : Would a (new) Sha'ir handbook make sense?

Kaleph
2019-05-03, 09:55 AM
Hi, recently I've built a sha'ir PC, that became my back-up character; as the class' description isn't crystal clear, I had to invest a HUGE amount of time to understand its mechanics, make up my mind as how it could work in a real game, think about a couple of tweaks and explore the available options. The existing online guide is a nice reading, but definitely not exhaustive.

Now, the material I've collected is so extensive that it could be translated into an handbook, so that the next players interested in the class can save themselves the toil of starting from scratch.

Since ordering, classifying and formatting this stuff would still require quite some time from my side, I'm asking myself if it would be an interesting resource (and discussion topic for the boards), or the class is so dead that no one would seriously approach it.

What would you suggest, is it worth the effort, or only wasted time?

Thanx.

Eldariel
2019-05-03, 10:00 AM
Certainly it would be interesting; this is what exists (http://bg-archive.minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=10153.0) so if you feel you've got more to add, do go for it.

Mike Miller
2019-05-03, 11:27 AM
It would be read and appreciated.

Kalkra
2019-05-03, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it's a weird class without much support and unclear rules, but there are also a lot of neat interactions, like arcane preparation and extra familiar.

Cerefel
2019-05-03, 12:46 PM
Definitely! I would love to find out more about making the most of the interesting things sha'ir gets, and the existing handbook for it isn't quite as in-depth as a sha'ir handbook has the potential to be

Kaleph
2019-05-03, 02:54 PM
Well, so I guess I'll start organizing my notes in MS-Word, and see what comes out. Then I'll copy past everything in the forum, this should make things easier.