PDA

View Full Version : druid chef that dabbles in poison

n00b
2019-05-03, 02:27 PM
Making a Druid for a new campaign coming up. Most likely a Ghostwise Halfling Coastal Land Druid. I found the Chef background on D&D Beyond and really liked it so going to see if my DM will allow it. I want the character to have a bit of a darker side though. Possibly through the use of poisons. This is mainly for background or fluff to round out the character. Any suggestions on how to incorporate?

hymer
2019-05-03, 02:33 PM
Make a custom background using the Chef feature you want.

Shuruke
2019-05-03, 03:49 PM
Dip 5 beast master grabbing either magic intiate or ritual caster at ranger 4 in order to have a familiar

Before doing this ask of you can milk venom from familiar and companion
1 dose each as part of the long rest with a successful poisoner tool check (means you cant take a gaurd post though)

This could be fun and interesting way to do what your looking for

Or ask to use same kind of rule alchemist tools have
U can make one dose a long rest

Ventruenox
2019-05-03, 04:57 PM
This has all sorts of roleplay potential. But I'll reign in some of the more, ahem, shocking suggestions. I would suggest to see if you can't utilize your own cooking offensively.

- Start singing and chucking the Worst Pies in London Faerun while in combat.
- Have a mystery stew pot you constantly add to or ladle out for a variety of effects. (Reskinning spells)
- Unsanitary meat cleavers might provide intimidation bonuses.
- Ghostwise telepathy for your own propriety jingle.
- The UA Gourmand feat seems thematic.
- When meating meeting NPCs, be sure to grab them by their wrists and comment on how tender they feel.