PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Spell and Feat Advice for an odd bard in an odd campaign

Minwaabi
2019-05-03, 07:10 PM
Hey folks,

I've recently leveled up and I'm trying to figure out what feat and spells to take and I'm kind of at a loss. Prenqath is somewhat of an odd duck in an atypical campaign. Prenqath values people and their stories and as a rule does not do lethal damage - hence I'm NOT taking Discordant Voice. We are in a pirates style campaign so guns are common place and Prenqath uses a paddlefoot pistol with salt shot in combat when not casting. A typical week is 5 days of sailing (downtime), a day of fighting ships (one encounter - half day of downtime), and a day of "proper" adventuring with lots of different checks and a lot of social checks or maybe 3 or 4 encounters. I need to take a feat, a 1st level spell, a 2nd level spell, and a 4th level spell (I forgot to take a 2nd level spell last level up). I can swap a spell and will probably swap blistering invective, but I might swap Slow with "The Sea Is Now My Sky" - but only me and one other party member would benefit.

Here's what I've got so far:

Catfolk (Standard) Bard 11
Str 12 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 12 Wis 10 Cha 21
AC: 20 Touch: 14 Flat-footed: 17
Fort: 7 Ref: 13 Will: 10

Feats:
-Divine Fighting Technique: longsword <- I might be losing this because I'm not LG which I didn't know I needed to be when I took it.
-Martial Weapon Proficiency: Firearms (we have common place guns)
-Arcane Strike
-Improved Initiative
-Craft Wonderous Items

Spells: (stars represent how often they are used)
1st: Grease*, Saving Finale***, Silent Image*, Vanish**, Heightened Awareness****
2nd: Glitterdust**, Gallant Inspiration*, Invisibility***, Blistering Invective * (apparently I can't use merciful magic on this so maybe swapping it out)
3rd: Haste****, Scrying**, Good Hope****, Slow
4th: Vindictive Soliloquy (for monsters/undead/ships), Dimension Door*

Additionally I have a ring of spell knowledge II and a large assortment of scrolls, a lesser rod of merciful magic, and a lesser rod of extend, and I'm presently making a mnemonic vestiment.

I'm kind of looking for some interesting but useful ideas.

Particle_Man
2019-05-03, 07:20 PM
How about the enforcer feat? You can demoralize opponents via non lethal melee damage. Your enemies will feel like saps!