PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay in a unique Forgotten Realms Setting with Neverwinter Nights 2

Sovereign Blood
2007-10-03, 08:25 PM
For those of you who have it, Neverwinter Nights 2 is basically every DnD fans dream. It is a simulated game of DnD on your very own computer. Whats even better, is the openness and flexibility of Neverwinter Nights 2 in regards to online play. For those of you who went through the singleplayer campaign but never tried multiplayer, I highly recommend it. I am one of the administrators of one of Neverwinter Nights 2 most popular online persistent worlds, named "The Frontier". A persistent world is exactly what it sounds like - Its a server with our own custom module that runs day and night for players to have fun in.

So how do you join in on the fun? Well first you have to get your character biography approved over our forums (I'll link it at the bottom), download a few files and then you are able to enter the world. One of the key aspects of the server is roleplaying. What that means is that when you say something to another player, its your character speaking - not you. You literally take the role of your character and play him or her out as they would act in real life. This really makes the game very immersive - you'll meet friends to adventure with, make enemies and impact the world itself. Because the server is catered to a small group of people (No more than 70 people can play at once - we average about 20-60 at any given time) our Dungeon Masters are able to give every player attention and let them shape the world they live in. If this is something you might be interested, please feel free to check us out at our forums here: http://frontier.nwvault.ign.com/phpbb2/index.php

If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Hope to see you guys in game.

-Sovereign Blood