PDA

View Full Version : Incorporeal undead and antimagic field

mouser13
2019-05-04, 09:35 PM
I'm in a group and we have a Incorporeal undead and going to be going up against some beholder's and wondering any defense for him seems extra powerful vs him. I was hoping something in ghost walk but didn't find anything wth a quick look.

MisterKaws
2019-05-04, 10:09 PM
beholder's

Beholders.

wondering any defense for him seems extra powerful vs him

This here makes no sense. I literally can't understand what you're asking for.

You want some extra defenses against AMF for an incorporeal undead: is that it? If that's what you want, the classic giant lead dome should be good, maybe line it in Riverine to make it touchable by a ghost. Though that could be destroyed with the disintegration rays, so you'd need multiple domes readied in advance.

Jack_Simth
2019-05-05, 07:49 PM
You want some extra defenses against AMF for an incorporeal undead: is that it? If that's what you want, the classic giant lead dome should be good, maybe line it in Riverine to make it touchable by a ghost. Though that could be destroyed with the disintegration rays, so you'd need multiple domes readied in advance.
In a mixed party?

Incorporeal should duck into the floor, and attack from cover. It blocks line of effect, so the incorporeal only needs to avoid getting completely caught in the AMF. Set up some communication with your allies (the Telepathic Bond spell, say) so they can warn the incorporeal if the big eye is down.