PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker

Dan99999
2019-05-05, 04:20 PM
I've been running kingmaker with 5e rules and now that combats are getting more complicated I decided to try to find a fan made conversion. I know someone made one but I can't seem to refind it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Dan99999
2019-05-12, 03:14 PM
I'll try once to ask again before the thread get's buried. Thanks for any help!

Mith
2019-05-12, 03:36 PM
I'll try once to ask again before the thread get's buried. Thanks for any help!

I've never looked for it myself but if it's not on DMs Guild, check DriveThruRPGs.net. I would think you could find it there.

Kane0
2019-05-12, 07:27 PM
Unfortunately I haven't seen much in the way of PF adventure conversions. I've been looking for Jade Reagent myself.

Malifice
2019-05-12, 09:56 PM
I've been running kingmaker with 5e rules and now that combats are getting more complicated I decided to try to find a fan made conversion. I know someone made one but I can't seem to refind it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/05/pathfinders-kingmaker-comes-to-5th-edition-dd.html

''Paizo has partnered with Game on Tabletop–an all-in-one platform to help crowdfund tabletop games–and “industry leaders in third-party 5E publishing” to bring you an updated version of the Adventure Path suitable for 2nd Edition Pathfinder, and with a bestiary designed for 5th Edition D&D.''

Arkhios
2019-05-12, 11:43 PM
https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/05/pathfinders-kingmaker-comes-to-5th-edition-dd.html

''Paizo has partnered with Game on Tabletop–an all-in-one platform to help crowdfund tabletop games–and “industry leaders in third-party 5E publishing” to bring you an updated version of the Adventure Path suitable for 2nd Edition Pathfinder, and with a bestiary designed for 5th Edition D&D.''

Oh, wow! *speechless*

Reversefigure4
2019-05-13, 08:02 PM
There is indeed presently a 5e bestiary conversion being done (not terribly helpful in an immediate sense, because it won't exist until 2020 at least). This still doesn't help convert other things, like the skill DCs and Kingdom Building rules, but it would take care of encounters.

Malifice
2019-05-14, 03:18 AM
There is indeed presently a 5e bestiary conversion being done (not terribly helpful in an immediate sense, because it won't exist until 2020 at least). This still doesn't help convert other things, like the skill DCs and Kingdom Building rules, but it would take care of encounters.

The Kingdom building rules can largely stay as is.

You're probably better grabbing hold of AD&D Birthright and using their (less complex but still very good) rules for the same.

DC's can largely be eyeballed (DC 10 (E) - 15 (M) - 20 (H) - 25 (VH) - 30 (NI)) on the fly.

Most monsters convert straight over. Bandits and Thugs and Bandit capatains for monsters etc.

It's only really named NPC's that need a slight tweak, and you can generally do that during the week with minimal fuss.