PDA

View Full Version : What can I do with steam gems?

Magic_Hat
2019-05-05, 07:17 PM
I have a little over 1,700 gems in my steam account. What can I do with them? I don't really care about trading cards or booster packs or any of that type of stuff. Is there a way to turn them into cash for my steam wallet?

Resileaf
2019-05-05, 07:25 PM
Trading cards. That's all.

Magic_Hat
2019-05-05, 07:33 PM
Trading cards. That's all.

Really? Can I at least sell them?

SuperbDolphin
2019-05-05, 08:00 PM
Really? Can I at least sell them?
Gems are basically useless unless used for cards. You can sell sacks of gems for low prices though.

Magic_Hat
2019-05-05, 08:09 PM
Gems are basically useless unless used for cards. You can sell sacks of gems for low prices though.

Could you quantify both a "sack of gems" and "low prices" por favor?

The Glyphstone
2019-05-05, 10:09 PM
https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/753-Sack%20of%20Gems

Looks like 1,000 gems will get you about 15 cents.

Rodin
2019-05-06, 01:58 AM
https://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/753-Sack%20of%20Gems

Looks like 1,000 gems will get you about 15 cents.

At last. I can retire.

Kaptin Keen
2019-05-06, 02:32 AM
At last. I can retire.

It's funny, because they make rather a big fuzz about it. There's no holiday or sale so small it doesn't require an event where you can earn more cards. And I simply cannot fathom what to use them for. It's like Steam expects the Hat nonsense from TF2 to happen again, with these cards. Like, any moment now - it's going to explode into a million dollar business. And they're just waiting for it to happen, trembling with barely contained exitement.

I don't get it. Honestly.

rooster707
2019-05-06, 04:36 PM
It's funny, because they make rather a big fuzz about it. There's no holiday or sale so small it doesn't require an event where you can earn more cards. And I simply cannot fathom what to use them for. It's like Steam expects the Hat nonsense from TF2 to happen again, with these cards. Like, any moment now - it's going to explode into a million dollar business. And they're just waiting for it to happen, trembling with barely contained exitement.

I don't get it. Honestly.

You make 'em into badges! It's fun!

But yeah, I would never spend actual money on them. I guess someone must, though, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.

DeTess
2019-05-06, 04:54 PM
You make 'em into badges! It's fun!

But yeah, I would never spend actual money on them. I guess someone must, though, otherwise they wouldn't keep doing it.

I have. Or rather, I've sold cards for money and then used that money to buy cards to complete a set. They made the steam marketplace a pain to interact with so I don't do that anymore though.

Man_Over_Game
2019-05-21, 11:38 AM
I have. Or rather, I've sold cards for money and then used that money to buy cards to complete a set. They made the steam marketplace a pain to interact with so I don't do that anymore though.

My wife puts our cards up for sale, and so we've gotten a few dollars out of earning random achievement cards and such. You could do the same with gems, I suppose. Look up what games are big right now, buy cards with gems, then try to sell them for cash.