PDA

View Full Version : What Feat?

Raistlin1040
2007-10-03, 10:34 PM
I remember reading about a feat that allowed a paladin use Wisdom instead of Charisma for Spellcasting. Can someone tell me it's name and book please?

Jasdoif
2007-10-03, 10:36 PM
A paladin normally uses Wisdom for spellcasting.

I remember hearing about a feat called Serenity that shifted Lay on Hands etc. to use Wisdom instead of Charisma, but I don't know what book it's from.

Raistlin1040
2007-10-03, 10:37 PM
Ahh. Typo. That's what I meant...I think. I'm a bit hazy on the details, but if I remember correctly I was trying to find a way to use Wisdom for all the main parts of a paladin.

clockwork warrior
2007-10-03, 11:07 PM
interesting...

im actually planing on making a paladin for a game, so this info would be nice to have

on the same note, does anyone know if there is a feat that gives paladins extra smites per day? (like the extra rage/ bardic music type feats) and what book its in if it is real?

Jasdoif
2007-10-03, 11:18 PM
on the same note, does anyone know if there is a feat that gives paladins extra smites per day? (like the extra rage/ bardic music type feats) and what book its in if it is real?Extra Smiting, in Complete Warrior.

Lord Tataraus
2007-10-03, 11:38 PM
Is it in Complete Champion? Crystal keep doesn't have it and I can swear I've seen that feat before...

clockwork warrior
2007-10-03, 11:40 PM
wow... derp moment for me, i never thought to look in cw (thought it would be more complete champion/divine/boed)

Douglas
2007-10-03, 11:41 PM
Serenity (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Serenity,Dragon) is from Dragon #306 or Dungeon Compendium.

Kurald Galain
2007-10-04, 05:28 AM
Am I the only one here who finds these "arbitrarily shift something from one ability score to another" rather weird? They make much more sense from a mechanical point of view than from a realistic one.

(like intelligence to jump checks... um, no?)

Dhavaer
2007-10-04, 05:38 AM
Am I the only one here who finds these "arbitrarily shift something from one ability score to another" rather weird? They make much more sense from a mechanical point of view than from a realistic one.

(like intelligence to jump checks... um, no?)

It depends on the switch. Intelligence to Heal, for example, makes sense.

dr.cello
2007-10-04, 05:40 AM
I can see the one that gives you dex to jump and climb. That one makes sense. And agile trapsmith (or whatever) that lets you use dex for disable device, I can see. And honestly, Charisma and Wisdom are kind of ill-defined stats, which tend to affect spellcasting, which doesn't have a facsimile in the real world. (Force of Personality, for instance, lets you get your Charisma to will saves--and I say why not?)

Some of them it seems like it should just be a variant instead of a feat. (Rich's feat which lets a druid use Charisma instead of Wisdom for casting, for instance--if anything that seems like it would make the druid weaker; fewer skills are charisma-based.)

Some of them (intelligence to jump checks? does that really exist?) do seem a touch silly, though. Maybe intelligence to climb, and that's stretching it ("I'm smart enough to know where to put my hands!") quite a bit. You can't intuit a jump.

Lord Tataraus
2007-10-04, 08:35 AM
Int to Jump? Where is that? I know there is a monk feat that changes all his abilties to use Int instead of Wis, I think that makes sense, it just means the monk studies more and can apply what he studies.

reorith
2007-10-04, 10:34 AM
Int to Jump? Where is that? I know there is a monk feat that changes all his abilties to use Int instead of Wis, I think that makes sense, it just means the monk studies more and can apply what he studies.

or it means monks suffer from mad and by making it so you they can be less dependent on their non wisdom scores, they'll be less likely to suck. this however is not true. [/monk hating]