PDA

View Full Version : Metaworld Chronicles

halfeye
2019-05-06, 05:58 PM
My thanks to Excession for pointing me to this.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/14167/metaworld-chronicles

It's set in Australia and the far East. The story starts with the heroine waking up has her younger self, in a world of magic and monsters about 15 years previously.

There's a problem for me with long words, it's as if they're translated oddly, on the page I was currently reading, a piece of paper was burned to "cinders" (Wikipedia says the word now only refers to volcanic ejecta, but the name Cinderella came from the old usage meaning stoney bits left after burning impure coal). If you can put up with that, as someone said it's slow, but things do happen every so often.

<edit>

As the car turned into the University, the passengers became accosted by a bronze statue

I suspect the phrase should be "aware of". This sort of thing happens quite often, it's not a problem for me, but I can see it might drive a pedant nuts.

</edit>

<edit>

Another beauty.

Gwen had no doubt that should Elvia learn to treat the spirit well and allow it to grow, it would become immeasurable to her success as a Cleric.

</edit>

<edit>

Now I'm up to date.

</edit>

halfeye
2019-06-06, 08:01 PM
Seems to be moving a bit faster lately.

There are frequent updates.

I'm thinking that all of the web text stories I'm reading seem be getting shorter in the wordcounts of the updates, but maybe it's just me.

halfeye
2019-06-10, 11:37 AM
More fireworks.

Really, nobody is reading this?

I promise not to reply to this thread before someone else; after that, not without replies.

<edit>

I think I'm allowed to add remarks to this post without it counting as replies, so I'll do that even if I'm talking to the walls.

2019.6.11 That was pretty hectic.

2019.6.14 More drama.

More magic fighting, dragon Wyvern, dragon Naga, Sue (Gwen).