PDA

View Full Version : Races with con penalties?

Particle_Man
2019-05-06, 09:12 PM
I am trying to find all the 3.5 pc (or potentially pc) races that have con penalties (elf, obviously) or that lack con scores. Bonus points if there is one of large size. I am thinking of mixing in green star adept, so it would have to be a race that can take and benefit from all ten levels of that prestige class.

Cerefel
2019-05-06, 09:16 PM
The only other one I can remember off-hand is Kobold

Falontani
2019-05-06, 09:17 PM
Necropolitan. You'd get all d12s and a bonus based on size. Primordial giant gives -2 con.

Maat Mons
2019-05-06, 09:23 PM
Some others: Aelfborn, Lesser Celedrin, Air Goblin, Spirit Hellbred, Jermlaine, Khepri, Lesser Dust Para-Genasi, Phanaton, Lesser Shadowswift, Spellscale.

Venger
2019-05-07, 03:09 AM
Necropolitan. You'd get all d12s and a bonus based on size. Primordial giant gives -2 con.

Necropolitan doesn't receive bonus hp based on size. This is a 3.0 rule, and it applied to constructs, not undead.

Uncle Pine
2019-05-07, 03:43 AM
Ghost elves (Dragon #313) have -4 Con.

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-05-07, 04:47 AM
For races without Con scores (LA, racial HD in parentheses), we've got Ghasts (+4, 4), Ghouls (+3, 2), Morhgs (+6, 14), Mummies (+5, 8), Vampire Spawn (+4, 4), and Wights (+4, 4).

For templates without Con scores we've got Ghosts (+5), Liches (+4), Vampires (+8), Gravetouched Ghouls (+2), Mummified Creatures (+4), and of course Necropolitans.

All the above are from Libris Mortis. Note that all of the races and a few of the templates are available as "monster classes", letting you still start play at 1st level and gradually grow into your undead powers, or add them onto an existing character almost like a template.

And several anthropomorphic animals (from Savage Species) have penalties to constitution. Giant Octopodes (+0, 2), Large Sharks (+0, 2), Giant Constrictor Snakes (+1, 3), Large Vipers (+0, 2), Huge Vipers (+0, 3), and Giant Squids (+1, 3). All of these have a -2 penalty to Con, except for Anthropomorphic Large Vipers, which have a -4 penalty.

EDIT: Bonus points for large size? Obviously the templates (and monster classes) work when added to a large creature, but all the anthropomorphic animals with 3 RHD are large size.

Falontani
2019-05-07, 11:24 AM
I am trying to find all the 3.5 pc (or potentially pc) races that have con penalties (elf, obviously) or that lack con scores. Bonus points if there is one of large size. I am thinking of mixing in green star adept, so it would have to be a race that can take and benefit from all ten levels of that prestige class.

Necropolitan doesn't receive bonus hp based on size. This is a 3.0 rule, and it applied to constructs, not undead.

Necropolitan would change his con to - and make all HD d12s.
The op is planning on going into green star adept, which at tenth level turns you into a construct. Necropolitan gains Undead Traits as a racial feature as well as by type. Meaning that turning into a construct leaves your undead traits in tact. He would continue having d12s and gain construct traits, which include bonus hp based on size.

My question to the op: how will you heal?

Vaern
2019-05-07, 11:55 AM
My question to the op: how will you heal?
Repair spells available to arcane casters function on constructs the same way that cure spells do on living creatures.

"Undead traits" is granted by nature of having the undead creature type. It's not actually listed as a special quality granted by the template itself under "Creating A Necropolitan." Necropolitans do, however, have the Unnatural Resilience extraordinary ability, which states that negative energy heals them. The redundancy in this racial quality means that they retain their ability to heal from negative energy when they lose their undead creature type.
Green Star Adept specifically says that he no longer benefits from spells or effects that heal living creatures, meaning that inflict spells should still function as they do not heal living creatures. You may suppress immunities and forego saving throws to voluntarily accept a spell's effect, meaning that the GSA's immunity to necromancy effects and effects requiring a saving throw are not really an obstacle.

Blue Jay
2019-05-07, 08:04 PM
Feytouched is another one.