PDA

View Full Version : (IC) Clifftop Adventurers' Guild

Destin
2019-05-07, 06:28 AM
Sharn, the city of Towers draws people from all kind of backgrounds, some have just stepped from the lightning rail. It is the largest city in Khorvaire with a population of 210,000 people. A blend of humans and every race found across Khorvaire. Dura, the oldest quarter of Sharn is crumbling and many people find it a little bit of shame on this side of the city. Poverty and crime are common in the Dura Quarter and the buildings have cracks in them. Wealth is also present with the occasional lucky explorer bringing back lot of gold from its latest expedition.

In Upper Dura, the Clifftop Adventurers' Guild can be found. Upper Dura is a hub for the explorers and mercenaries, a ward literally made for adventurers. With upscale dwarven citizen living there, and the refuge of all the Kalashtar in the Overlook district. The Daggerwatch Garrison is the one in charge of the law and order in the ward.

In the Drunken Dragon, the most popular and legendary Watering Hole of Upper Dura, where explorers and adventurers of all stripes come drinks all the spirits and meads from across the world, an expedition organizer is particularly interested in a relic hunting mission. But the organizer needs more information. The human organizer, Kuven Salto, a Morgrave University scholar speak up in the tavern, while talking with your trio.

"There's only one person, who could give us more information about the Giants of Xen'Drik, Gorodan Ashlord. He is a fire giant and refuged in Droaam, where he leads a clan of Ogres. I have looked around for adventurers brave enough to head to Droaam and find a way to obtain the information that we need. We need more information about the location of the Spear of Desert Winds and he is only one who can help us, finding out more about this relic location."

Rokku
2019-05-07, 06:05 PM
Seemingly from nowhere a card flies through the air, embedding itself into the table.

When examined, it bears a simple message.

"Your pending adventure intrigues me. Expect to see me on your journey.

All my love, darlings,

The Wren

Meanwhile, a simple serving girl goes about her business, passing out drinks and food to the various adventurers.

astragalos
2019-05-07, 11:15 PM
https://wrathofzombie.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/shifter-3.jpg
Gale (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1895050)
Longstride Shifter Monk/Weretouched Master
HP: 33/33
AC: 20
Condition: Normal

The wolfish shifter leans forward with a look of interest upon her face. "Droaam, huh? Sounds good. Haven't been there yet, but I met an ogre from there once in a fight down in the Cogs. Won the fight and this fancy magic belt," she says, leaning back to display a thick leather belt with a bronze buckle in the shape of a fist.

As a card suddenly whizzes through the air towards their table, Gale snatches it out of mid-air. She looks around for where it came from, but doesn't see any obvious source. She turns it over and squints as she slowly reads it out loud under her breath, stumbling a bit over the word "intrigues," then hands it to Kuven Salto. "The Wren? Seems like there's an invisible bird who wants to help," she says with a laugh.

She accepts a tankard of ale from the serving girl with a grateful nod.

Kvard51
2019-05-08, 06:11 PM
Ephraim smiles at Salto’s attempts to butter the three of them up. Maybe it would work with the Shifters, although these two were both knowledgeable of the ways of Sharn. And while Droaam wasn’t his desired location, talking to a Fire Giant about Xen’Drik might open up a new area of inquiry about his parents. ”Well, let’s talk rates then. Droaam will require a little more than standard, I’m afraid...”

His smile grows larger as Gale’s preternatural reflexes kicked in to snag the card out of mid air. It was the perfect punctuation to his statement. The three of them were no ordinary adventurers, even for Clifftoppers.

Jötunn
2019-05-08, 11:33 PM
Looking between her two companions, Alysz leans forward and places her mug of ale on the table before replying.

"So, it looks like you've reeled us in, hook line and sinker, which is lucky for you because we" - she indicates her two companions and herself - "are members of the best adventuring guild in this city. And Wren, of course!"

A sleepy yowl emanates from the cat draped over her lap, apparently at his lack of inclusion, and she stops to pet him momentarily.

"But before we take this job there's a few things we got to know first. Who is this Ashlord fellow? How likely is he and his friends to eat us on first sight? Where in Droaam are we likely to find him? What is this Spear of Desert Winds, and why is it so important?" She counts each question off against her fingers, for greater effect. "And those are just the questions I can think of for starters. And yes, Ephraim - rates! What does the pay look like?

Destin
2019-05-09, 03:00 AM
"Like most expedition, I will be in charge to acquire the letters of marques, take care of the transportation to Xen'Drik and some mundane necessities like rations. The minimum pay will be 5000 gp for each of you, plus the treasures that you find during the expedition. I'm only interested in the Spear of Desert Wind for this one. I'm no adventurer to say the least and would rather stay away from danger.

I don't know Ashlord personally. But many explorers have looked for him, for information about the Giants of Xen'Drik and he seems to be at least willing to trade information after some persuasion. He never overshare, so we only have bit and pieces at the University of his stories. I will let you decide on how to approach but I'm pretty sure that a Fire giant does stand out even in Droaam and shouldn't be too hard to find.

Heading to Droaam, I would recommend to stop at Graywall, a small city on the border between Breland and Droaam. You might consider getting in contact with House Tharask, as they deal with the kingdom of Monsters more frequently than any other houses or try your luck with some of the Droaam denizens in the city.

I only heard of the Spear of Desert Winds, reading through some older reports. Gorodan Ashlord briefly mentions a giant king, with a legendary spear. Giant King, means giant tomb, and king tomb means big and extravagant treasures. I'm sure that you will be able to find plenty of treasures in the tomb and bring back the Spear to be displayed in Deniza Museum. He should be able to point us at least in the right direction.
"

Some of the patrons in the Drunken Dragon are arguing about the Race of Eight Winds.

"The Hawk can't lose this year!" shouts one human while a half-elf responds.
"You fool! The Owl will obviously take it this year!"

-The Deniza Museum is the exhibit of Morgrave University, where many treasures brought back from various expeditions can be found.
-Ogre laborers and Minotaur bodyguards have become a relatively common sight in Breland, main export from Droaam.

astragalos
2019-05-09, 04:58 AM
https://wrathofzombie.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/shifter-3.jpg
Gale (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1895050)
Longstride Shifter Monk/Weretouched Master
HP: 33/33
AC: 20
Condition: Normal

Gale isn't terribly concerned with the financial details as long as the job pays the rent, but she nods as her companions ask about compensation and the logistics of finding Gorodan Ashlord in Droaam. Her ears perk up when Salto says that they can keep any other treasures they find. She drinks her beer and looks to her two companions to see if they are satisfied with Salto's offer and organizational capacities. She'll leave the haggling to them. For her part, she's in.

As the perennial Dura argument about the Race of the Eight Winds breaks out, Gale turns and chimes in. "Nah, the Glidewing's gonna win! Everyone knows how slow the Hawk and the Owl are," she taunts. Even though she's glad to be out of the Gate of Gold district, she still backs its flying dinosaur in the Race. Some say the Boromar Clan bankrolls the Glidewing, but that's never bothered her.

Kvard51
2019-05-10, 04:04 PM
Ephraim squints as he listens, concentrating on the details. He nods in agreement with the plan Salto lays out.

"That sounds agreeable to me. Should we drop by your office at the University to sign the contract? Or would you prefer to meet back here once you have handled the logistics?"