PDA

View Full Version : Thread Subscription Issue

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-04, 06:11 AM
Alright, here's a new one for me. I keep losing my subscription to the WWIX Hogwarts Havoc thread in the Structured Games subforum. Only this thread. No others. I created the thread. I have my options set to automatically subscribe to any thread I post in. I've manually subscribed at least a dozen times. And yet every couple of days I notice that it's not on my list when I click on List Subscriptions from my User Control Panel. As a co-narrator of this game, this is particularly aggravating so if someone could let me know how to fix this I'd be very grateful.

B-Man
2007-10-04, 08:02 AM
The thread subscription has been rather glitchy. You can access your subscribed threads in the Quick Links menu underneath your user info.

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-04, 08:23 AM
No, that's not the problem. I can access subscribed threads just fine. It's just that I keep losing the subscription to just this one thread. I have 50+ other subscriptions that I'm not having any issue with. But when I click on Subscribed Threads to see what's transpired in this game that I'm helping to run, it's not there and I have to go look for the thread and resubscribe to it, only to lose the subscription again in a couple of days.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-10-04, 09:33 AM
Yeah, he's not having the usual trouble of the thread not appearing on his CP main page. His trouble is on the Subscribed Threads page where they should always appear regardless of their read status.

Are you subscribed to any other Silly Message Board Games, Zeb? Maybe the various special rules of that forum are having a side effect on the subscriptions. But we can rule that out if you are maintaining subscriptions to other games just fine.

Zeb The Troll
2007-10-04, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I tried to look for differences between this one and any others that aren't being problematic. I'm subscribed to other SMBG threads, other Structured Game threads, other structured game threads that I've started, and none of them are doing this. It's just this one.

EDIT: I don't know if this could be something, but I just thought of something different about this thread. Alarra updates the OP periodically, since she's also co-narrating this game. Although, it seems that if that were the case, someone else would have noticed a similar issue before I did. Then again, she hasn't conarrated in quite a while so maybe not. It's the only difference I can think of.

Zherog
2007-10-04, 12:11 PM
EDIT: I don't know if this could be something, but I just thought of something different about this thread. Alarra updates the OP periodically, since she's also co-narrating this game. Although, it seems that if that were the case, someone else would have noticed a similar issue before I did. Then again, she hasn't conarrated in quite a while so maybe not. It's the only difference I can think of.

That's pretty easy to test, really.

1) Subscribe to the thread
1a) confirm the subscription shows up

2) Ask Alarra to edit the first post

3) Check the status of your subscription

Castaras
2007-10-06, 07:22 AM
The subscription thing on this forum doesn't work properly.

Which is why I use Forum Additive (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4667) for my subscriptions.

Works wonders, and works properly. I'd highly recommend it to any firefox users.

It only stops subscriptions when the cut off date is reached or a thread is moved to another location.

Beren One-Hand
2007-11-02, 01:41 AM
I had this thread dissapear from my subscriptions once, so I resubscribed and it's still there...
But I've started recieving two daily emails about this thread (until I was killed and droped the daily updates) as well as the Llama, Llama, Duck thread (which I've only subscribed to once).

Is there any way to fix that?