1 Wild Talent - So Psicrystal can psionically focus itself
3 Overchannel - Feat Leech
6 Boost Construct - Feat Leech
9 Focused Skill User - Why not?
12 ???
15 ???
18 ???

Rejected Feats
Mindsight - DM ruled Telepathic Speech =/= Telepathy. Maybe a weaker version but still a weaker version cannot qualify.
Psionic Meditation - Don't have the Wis
Lifesense - Don't have the Cha
Talented - I only have 14 WIS so can only feat leech 2.

No stat boosters to qualify for feats in this case for a lot of reasons. I literally scoured every psionic feat in the game and I still couldn't find any that I could use. I don't need any metapsionic feats. Maybe twin power in epic.

Eldariel
2019-05-08, 01:42 PM
Need some serious help here.

1 Wild Affinity - So Psicrystal can psionically focus itself
3 Overchannel - Feat Leech
6 Boost Construct - Feat Leech
9 Focused Skill User - Why not?
12 ???
15 ???
18 ???

Rejected Feats
Mindsight - DM ruled Telepathic Speech =/= Telepathy. Maybe a weaker version but still a weaker version cannot qualify.
Psionic Meditation - Don't have the Wis
Lifesense - Don't have the Cha
Talented - I only have 14 WIS so can only feat leech 2.

No stat boosters to qualify for feats in this case for a lot of reasons. I literally scoured every psionic feat in the game and I still couldn't find any that I could use. I don't need any metapsionic feats. Maybe twin power in epic.

No Linked Power? It's pretty damn awesome as a dirt cheap Quicken (particularly with Synchronity) but obviously with a million other uses.

RoboEmperor
2019-05-08, 02:18 PM
No Linked Power? It's pretty damn awesome as a dirt cheap Quicken (particularly with Synchronity) but obviously with a million other uses.

Oh I already got linked power and synchronicity. And Extend power. And Metapower applied to both of those.

TheCount
2019-05-09, 12:31 AM
Hidden talent and psicrystal affinity:D

Eldariel
2019-05-09, 12:38 AM
How about the classic "Magical Training + Earth Spell + Heighten Spell + Extra Spell"-shenanigans to get it some spell slots?

Troacctid
2019-05-09, 12:45 AM
Draconic Aura is usually pretty solid on a minion.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-05-09, 01:03 AM
Ancestral Relic? Have itself make itself a giant mecha body. Or just to grab a psychoactive skin of proteus (which allows it to become a giant mecha golem thingy).

Then take Landlord, use a psychoactive skin of proteus in "large house" form, and use Landlord to apply more magic item effects (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook/page11&p=23285432#post23285432) to the skin.

It could always take a [Host] feat. And make sure to avoid giving it any pp. Then it has the [Psionic] subtype. Then get yourself a sap with the powerleech ability to leech pp off of anything hit with it. A powerleech weapon can transfer an infinite number of pp from a creature with psi-like abilities but no power points. Combine these things together, and you can refill your pp whenever you spend a few minutes whacking your psicrystal with your sap (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook&p=20249100&viewfull=1#post20249100) (which obviously doesn't damage it at all, given its immunity to nonlethal damage, and all).

Petrukio
2019-05-09, 03:03 AM
Er... wot?

I have to have missed something here, because I thought psicrystals don't GET feats. Or hit dice. Or anything else like that. Like familiars, their powers are reflected by the 'master's level?

RoboEmperor
2019-05-09, 03:30 AM
Hidden talent and psicrystal affinity:D

Hidden Talent doesn't give manifester levels so you can't grab Psicrystal Affinity with it.

How about the classic "Magical Training + Earth Spell + Heighten Spell + Extra Spell"-shenanigans to get it some spell slots?

Magical Training is a regional feat. There is a 0% chance of convincing my DM a Psicrystal that I created when I'm 17 grew up with me in that region.

Ancestral Relic? Have itself make itself a giant mecha body. Or just to grab a psychoactive skin of proteus (which allows it to become a giant mecha golem thingy).

Then take Landlord, use a psychoactive skin of proteus in "large house" form, and use Landlord to apply more magic item effects (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook/page11&p=23285432#post23285432) to the skin.

It could always take a [Host] feat. And make sure to avoid giving it any pp. Then it has the [Psionic] subtype. Then get yourself a sap with the powerleech ability to leech pp off of anything hit with it. A powerleech weapon can transfer an infinite number of pp from a creature with psi-like abilities but no power points. Combine these things together, and you can refill your pp whenever you spend a few minutes whacking your psicrystal with your sap (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook&p=20249100&viewfull=1#post20249100) (which obviously doesn't damage it at all, given its immunity to nonlethal damage, and all).

If I want something I'll just buy it. At this time i have 0 idea what to spend my money on other than power link shards and they're dirt cheap so getting ancestral relic is a waste.

I'll think about the sap thing but I already got a PP regeneration method.

Draconic Aura is usually pretty solid on a minion.

I think we have a winner here! There's also a feat called Double Draconic Aura so I can have two. But I'm having trouble finding an aura i can use other than Swiftness. Swiftness is awesome but the others are... eh. Maybe Power. Or maybe two Resistance Auras (cold, fire) and solve all environmental issues and be immune to lava.

Actually yeah, I'm gonna fill the rest of my slots with the Resistance Auras so I can choose which one to activate depending on my enemy.

Thanks!

Er... wot?

I have to have missed something here, because I thought psicrystals don't GET feats. Or hit dice. Or anything else like that. Like familiars, their powers are reflected by the 'master's level?

Unlike familiars psicrystals get hit dice as you level up.

Troacctid
2019-05-09, 03:42 AM
I think we have a winner here! There's also a feat called Double Draconic Aura so I can have two. But I'm having trouble finding an aura i can use other than Swiftness. Swiftness is awesome but the others are... eh. Maybe Power. Or maybe two Resistance Auras (cold, fire) and solve all environmental issues and be immune to lava.

Actually yeah, I'm gonna fill the rest of my slots with the Resistance Auras so I can choose which one to activate depending on my enemy.

Thanks!
Dragon shaman auras are also draconic auras. The vigor aura is particularly useful. Also, you could consider Dragontouched to improve the aura bonus.

Also note that the "Fire resistance 1 makes you immune to lava" dysfunction was fixed in Rules Compendium.

RoboEmperor
2019-05-09, 04:27 AM
Also, you could consider Dragontouched to improve the aura bonus.
CHA 11 so can't pick it up without ability score enhancers which i'm avoiding at this time.

Also note that the "Fire resistance 1 makes you immune to lava" dysfunction was fixed in Rules Compendium.

That sucks

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-05-09, 08:17 AM
Er... wot?

I have to have missed something here, because I thought psicrystals don't GET feats. Or hit dice. Or anything else like that. Like familiars, their powers are reflected by the 'master's level?Yes. Yes, they do gain HD and feats.

The psicrystal entry says:

Combat
A psicrystal’s characteristics depend on its master. Its Hit Dice are equal to its master’s Hit DiceAny creature with HD and is non-mindless/has an Int score (and is not overridden by some other clause in its entry) gains feats, by default.

Feat Acquisition and Ability Score Increases
A monster’s total Hit Dice, not its ECL, govern its acquisition of feats and ability score increases.Note that that is standard, and only the mindless trait overrides that in the normal course of events.

Psicrystals even have a HD-based feat in their entry -- Alertness. The Alertness gained under the psicrystal granted abilities section is the master's, not the psicrystal's. Explicitly.

Alertness (Ex): The presence of a psicrystal sharpens its master’s senses. While a psicrystal is within arm’s reach (adjacent to or in the same square as its owner), its owner gains the Alertness feat.Remember that bonus feats granted in addition to HD-based ones are marked with a , which the psicrystal entry doesn't have.

[B]Psicrystal
Size/Type: Diminutive Construct
Hit Dice: As master’s HD (hp ½ master’s)
Feats: AlertnessSo, yeah. Psicrystals definitely gain both HD and HD-based feats.

Kaleph
2019-05-09, 09:27 AM
Er... wot?

Actually, in the games I play I normally let my feats get feats, and then the feats of my feats have psicrystals. It's a little bit more convoluted, but the results are similar, and it works perfectly by RAW.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-05-09, 09:34 AM
Actually, in the games I play I normally let my feats get feats, and then the feats of my feats have psicrystals. It's a little bit more convoluted, but the results are similar, and it works perfectly by RAW.These statements are true, assuming by "feats" you mean "Leadership," "Wild Cohort," and similar.

Note that animal companions are similar to psicrystals as well, and they gain both HD and HD-based feats. And since you can gain those with feats just like you do with psicrystals...

Petrukio
2019-05-09, 01:09 PM
Unlike familiars psicrystals get hit dice as you level up.

Ah, I see where I ran astride. I have a character with a psicrystal, but using Dreamscarred Press' (Pathfinder) psionics rules, which are a basic copy of the 3.5e psionics rules... with a subtle difference. Dreamscarred Press's psicrystals do not have hit dice. Still listed as 1/2 master's hit points, but no hit dice, so no feats.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-05-09, 01:41 PM
Ah, I see where I ran astride. I have a character with a psicrystal, but using Dreamscarred Press' (Pathfinder) psionics rules, which are a basic copy of the 3.5e psionics rules... with a subtle difference. Dreamscarred Press's psicrystals do not have hit dice. Still listed as 1/2 master's hit points, but no hit dice, so no feats.Why would anyone want to use those rules?

Bleh.

Petrukio
2019-05-09, 03:09 PM
Why would anyone want to use those rules?

Because it's a Pathfinder game and native Pathfinder doesn't have psionics rules, so you have to go third-party. (Instead, they added the occult rules system.) Likewise, they don't have epic rules, though they do have a mythic rules system which is kinda-sorta not-similar at all, especially since the mythic rules run side-by-side with the standard rules - it is entirely possible (albeit unlikely) to have a Paladin 5/Champion 5, and that is NOT a multiclass description.