PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Pathfinder: Gravewalker witch shennanigans rules question

Calthropstu
2019-05-08, 07:46 PM
So my player is playing a gravewalker witch. He has used his ability to posses an undead under his control.

The undead in question is a wraith.

I am fairly certain at this point that he cannot posess the wraith in this manner because the wraith does not actually have a body to posses, it is merely a displaced soul. But let's say he WAS able to and then A wraith wizard casts control undead on the possessed wraith.

I can think of a few results to this:

1: Immediately upon losing control the possessor is immediately expulsed because the undead is no longer a legal target for the ability.
2: The possessor keeps possession because even though it is no longer a legal target, the ability was already active.
3: The possessor goes inactive while he does not have control and must reassert control in order to exert control.

I am personally leaning toward 3 because 1 is an instant death sentence and 2 doesn't feel right, but I am open to having my mind changed on the matter and would like some unbiased opinions.

Psyren
2019-05-09, 09:28 AM
As stated in the questions thread, there's no real RAW answer to such a niche scenario, so if it's purely opinions you want I'd go with what's likely to create the most fun/interaction (which would likely be 3.)