PDA

View Full Version : Making Ike - Fire Emblem

SpicyBoi_Nezu
2019-05-09, 07:45 AM
I thought that he would make a good d&d character to play, and I know enough about him to properly do that, I was planning on using his move-set from the super Smash Bro's Games to base most of his stats off of.

A couple givens are

Greatsword + Monkeygrip (Ike wields a Two Handed Sword with one hand)

Ranks in jump + Pounce (Replicate his Aether/Up Special)

Armor would probably be Breastplate, because he usually doesn't wear much armor, but recently there is a picture that I plan on using to base his armor off of.

Power attack + Cleave (Obvious considering how he still is a standard heavy fighter, and cahrging can replicate his Side Special)

Anything else?

Zaq
2019-05-09, 08:10 AM
Monkey Grip doesn’t change weapon handedness. It just lets you wield something bigger than you could, but in the same number of hands that it’d otherwise take.

If you really wanted to lean into “big sword in one hand,” you could take EWP: bastard sword and use Monkey Grip or equivalent to make that bigger than it otherwise would be.

Note, however, that wielding a weapon in one hand and keeping the other hand unused is basically the absolute worst combat style in 3.5. If you don’t have your off hand doing something that adds value, you’re sacrificing half your PA returns and half your STR bonus to damage for no actual benefit, and there are basically no worthwhile game elements that reward keeping your off hand empty enough to account for what you’re losing.

Requiem_Jeer
2019-05-09, 10:43 AM
My best advice when this kind of thing is wanted is to not get too purist about it.

He uses a single two-handed weapon and no shield. The fact that he regularly uses it "one handed" is immaterial to the mechanical realities and is just fluff.

Prime32
2019-05-09, 05:30 PM
Stuff Ike had in his games of origin:

Stats: Good all-around, except for lacking much defence against magical attacks. Puts on a lot of muscle as he ages, becoming stronger and tougher but also slower.
Aether: Chance of turning an attack into two attacks - the first Sol (restores HP equal to the damage dealt) and the second Luna (penetrates defences). Animated as Ike throwing his sword into the air, jumping to catch it and perform a downwards slash, then surging forward and slashing horizontally as he passes the enemy.
Nihil: Negates enemy skills when they battle Ike.
Ragnell: An unbreakable magic sword. Grants increased physical defence, negates critical hits, and can launch shockwaves to attack at a range.

Skills which the Mercenary and Hero classes have had in other games:

Armsthrift: The user's weapons take longer to wear out (based on the Luck stat).
Axebreaker: Bonus to accuracy and evasion against enemies wielding axes (in addition to the normal rock-paper-scissors advantage that swords have against them).
Patience: Bonus to accuracy and evasion during the enemy turn.
Sol: Chance of causing an attack to restore HP equal to the damage dealt.
Strong Riposte: Damage bonus during the enemy turn.
Tenacity: Random chance of recovering 20% HP at the start of each turn (based on the Luck stat).

Ike's unique skills in Fates:

Heavy Blade: Increased Strength, but slightly lowered Speed.
Veteran Intuition: Chance of negating critical hits.
Strengthtaker: Each time you defeat an enemy, gain increased Strength for the remainder of the battle (stacks up to 5 times).

Crusader seems like your best bet, wearing armor with the fortification enchantment.
Devoted Spirit grants Thicket of Blades to cover Patience, Foehammer to cover Luna and a number of abilities which cover Sol. White Raven covers similar ground to Nihil via Covering Strike and Douse the Flames. Stone Dragon has a few more defence-piercing options.