PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Disciple Stat Array help

Orfean
2019-05-09, 11:46 AM
Making a 2nd level char in a new campaign.
No Unearth arcana, dragon magazine , no web enhancements, no campaign specific books, all others ok.
32 point buy, CG , with a bit of a Hide obsession .
What would be a good stat choice for this build?
Will go full delay death/shape soulmeld probably when i can.
I also haven't found any way to learn beastland ferocity as a cleric, if there is any way for that, you would spare me a feat and a spell slot.
Starting gear is 900g.
Any changes to the build you fellows recommend? Feats other than persistent spell chain and divine metamagic are subject to debate, could as well be extra turning .
Last five levels are blank as of now.

Human 0 Darkstalker
Warlock 1 Blend Into Shadows
Cleric 2 Extend Spell
Cleric 3 Persistent Spell
Cleric 4
Cleric 5
Eldritch Disciple 6 Weapon Finesse
Eldritch Disciple 7
Eldritch Disciple 8
Eldritch Disciple 9 Divine metamagic: Persistent spell
Eldritch Disciple 10
Eldritch Disciple 11
Eldritch Disciple 12 flyby attack
Eldritch Disciple 13
Eldritch Disciple 14
Eldritch Disciple 15 Quicken Spell like ability
18 maximize spell like ability

Domains Trickery, Planning

Telonius
2019-05-09, 12:51 PM
I think the thing you'd really want to figure out is whether you're going to be using physical weapons, or Eldritch Blasts as your primary mode of attack. When you finish out Eldritch Disciple, your EB is going to be sitting at 6d6 (more if you get some of the standard items like Chasuble of Fell Power). That's likely going to be more than what you'd get swinging around a hunk of metal. If you go that route, things like Weapon Finesse and Flyby Attack aren't going to be terribly useful to you.

With Darkstalker and Blend Into Shadows already there, this is just begging for some way to get a sneak attack die and add Craven. Eldritch Blast is weaponlike, so it qualifies for Sneak Attack. You could dip a level in Rogue to get your Sneak. If you do, take it at first to maximize the skill points. (I'd seriously consider Able Learner if you take Rogue at first, too). There are other ways to get a sneak die, so no worries if you don't want to lose another caster level.

Troacctid
2019-05-09, 01:23 PM
You're going to lose Hide as a class skill when you go into your prestige class. Consider taking Able Learner, Guerilla Warrior, or Martial Study (Shadow Hand) to make sure you keep it. The latter would also allow you to take Martial Stance to snag 2d6 sneak attack.

You mentioned Shape Soulmeld but don't seem to have it in your build. Bloodtalons are just beastlands ferocity all day.

I would ditch Weapon Finesse. If you aren't Strength-based, you have no business being in melee.

Orfean
2019-05-09, 03:46 PM
I took weapon finesse to apply dex to eldritch gliave, and fly by attack with eldritch blast.
In complete arcane, spells and spell like abilities are weapon like, so an eldritch glaive would qualify, and yes, it is gonna be my staple attack. :)
With these in mind, how about a stat array?
Shape soulmeld will be in the build if dm accepts delay death cheese :)
Able learner could be in there, craven is a no no by the DM.
Guess too many rogue builds came his way :P

Troacctid
2019-05-09, 07:56 PM
Assuming you're using persistent divine power to buff your eldritch glaive, you shouldn't need Weapon Finesse because you get a +6 enhancement bonus to Strength from the spell, which should make it the same or better than your Dex. (And if you aren't using persistent divine power then you shouldn't be using eldritch glaive IMO.)

For a stat array, I'd probably go something like 16 Wis/14 Dex/14 Con/14 Cha/12 Int/8 Str. This is a fairly MAD build, so you want a little of everything. I also think you should consider switching from human to illumian (naenhoon)—it comes with built-in divine metamagic, except it costs one fewer turning attempt and is online from level 1. As an eldritch disciple, those turning attempts are very valuable.

Here's what I'd be looking at to start:

Illumian Warlock 1/Cleric 4/Eldritch Disciple 10/Hellfire Warlock 3
1. Blend into Shadows
2. Extend Spell
3. Persistent Spell
6. Martial Study (shadow jaunt)
9. Darkstalker
12. Extra Turning
15. Extra Invocation
18. Extra Turning