PDA

View Full Version : Kaïn Highwind from final fantasy

Xaryo
2019-05-09, 11:46 PM
how could i do it?
im picturing a humain paladin with great weapon fighting as a fighting style, using a glaive.

but how to manage to have the "jump" attack or something similar?

every source material (except ravnica stuff) could be available.

MikeRoxTheBoat
2019-05-09, 11:54 PM
GWM + PAM Tiger Totem Barbarian. Adds to your jump distance while raging. Could then go levels into fighter or something.

If you wanted to go heavy on the jump, you could go Pact of the Blade Hexblade, also with GWM + PAM, then grab the Otherworldly Leap invocation at level 9 that lets you cast Jump at will.

Could combine the two, then get the Athlete feat as well. Would let you do a running jump with only 5 feet of distance, add 3 feet to your high jump, then triple all of that.

Or, get something that allows flight and reflavor the flight as high jumps rather than actual flying.

Man_Over_Game
2019-05-10, 10:23 AM
GWM + PAM Tiger Totem Barbarian. Adds to your jump distance while raging. Could then go levels into fighter or something.

If you wanted to go heavy on the jump, you could go Pact of the Blade Hexblade, also with GWM + PAM, then grab the Otherworldly Leap invocation at level 9 that lets you cast Jump at will.

Could combine the two, then get the Athlete feat as well. Would let you do a running jump with only 5 feet of distance, add 3 feet to your high jump, then triple all of that.

Or, get something that allows flight and reflavor the flight as high jumps rather than actual flying.

This basically covers everything I was going to say. I tried to wrack my brain for another solution, but there aren't many. You could be a Monk/Druid, using Jump and Step of the Wind, but you wouldn't be a knight in heavy armor and a giant spear.

I did create a Monk subclass that revolves around jumping and dashing everywhere, where you use your mobility as a weapon, but that has the same problem.

I'd probably say your best bet would be MRTB's Barbarian, then going Cavalier as a Goliath. Cavaliers require Strength for their main feature, which also happens to tie in with your jump height. Goliaths can lift additional weight, which means that you rarely have to worry about what you're carrying keeping you down.