PDA

View Full Version : Glossary of terms...

Cressellan
2019-05-10, 12:41 AM
What the hell is MADness??? I have no idea what half of the terms you guys kick around mean... Is there a glossary or something so that I'm not completely lost?

Luccan
2019-05-10, 01:16 AM
What the hell is MADness??? I have no idea what half of the terms you guys kick around mean... Is there a glossary or something so that I'm not completely lost?

I don't know about a glossary, but to answer that first question: MAD is an acronym for Multiple Ability (score) Dependent or Multiple Attribute Dependent. In D&D, this means that a build or class relies upon having multiple high ability scores. So a 3.5 edition Monk, for instance, requires a good Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Wisdom, and to a lesser extent Intelligence in order to function as intended. Thus, 3.5 Monks are MAD.

Compare SAD, Single Ability Dependent, where a build or class only really needs one high ability score. Though they benefit from a good Dex and Con, Wizards in 3.5 really only need their INT to be high in order to function. Thus, they are SAD.

Dimers
2019-05-10, 02:19 AM

Why, yes ... yes, there is (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?18512-Common-Acronyms-Abbreviations-and-Terms).