PDA

View Full Version : Juggernaut x-men inspired character

Shuruke
2019-05-10, 07:37 AM
So I had a fun thought about this yesterday

Wasn't sure but Thought goliath or full orc would be good

Thinking fighter 1-2/barb x
Ask about reflavoring armor

Could reflavor bear totem to be more like juggernauts back story having to do with idol he came across or reflavor zealot.

Was tempted to maybe see about getting rid of Dwarven requirement for the sword coast archetype

What are your guys thoughts?

Stat Array: 18/16/14/14/12/10

Interested in seeing what u guys come up with

darknite
2019-05-10, 07:51 AM
Sounds like fun! Get a Belt of Giant Strength, take the Tavern Brawler and Tough Feat, max out Constitution. A Bear totem would be the most appropriate Berserker option in my opinion, but others would work.

strangebloke
2019-05-10, 08:30 AM
https://www.dndbeyond.com/subclasses/5867-path-of-the-juggernaut

Pretty much obligatory. It's not quite good but it isn't terrible, either. Definitely the best high-AC barbarian homebrew that I've seen.

Bear totem is the best with non-homebrew material, though. At 14th level you'll want to actually get the elk ability instead of the bear ability, but that's about it.

Vogie
2019-05-10, 08:58 AM
If you can get rid of the racial prereq, Goliath Battlerager is probably the easiest of the options - You would feel the most like it in a single class.

If that isn't available, A combination of 11 levels of Long Death Monk plus 9 levels of Barbarian, probably Bear Totem but Zealot would also work.

That way you'd end up with +30 movement, Dash as a bonus action, and you can pummel targets with 1d8 fists with advantage and brutal crits. You'll get some THP here or there, can terrify targets, and use your ki to defy death.

I'd probably build it Monk 1/ Barb 2 / Monk +6 (to 7) / Barb +3 (to 5) and so on. Starting monk for Proficiency in Dex saving throws.

Stat array would 16/18/14/10/14/12. With a Goliath +2 STR and +1 Con, you'd end up with 18/18/15/10/14/12 and AC of 16 naked using either calculation. That'll bump up to 18 with a shield and 19 with your first ASI (I'd put it in Con, either an ASI or a +Con Feat)

Segev
2019-05-10, 09:16 AM
With just the core, half-orc barbarian is a great place to start, at the very least. Totem vs. Frenzy isn't even a factor; you're looking at the 11th level barbarian feature Relentless Rage to do the "unstoppable" thing. Relentless Rage lets you roll a DC 10 Constitution check to drop to 1 hp when you'd otherwise go to 0. +5 DC each time it's used before your next short/long rest. The first time you fail that check, your half-orc racial feature says you still only go to 1 hp (usable once, recharges with a long rest). Max out Constitution, and find a way to get Advantage on Constitution saves (you're already proficient in them), and you'll be VERY hard to put down. Find yourself a source of healing or temp hp thta don't require you, personally, to cast a spell, and you can probably stay up even longer, but what you're really doing here is forcing them to hit you a minimum number of times before you go down, since you keep staying at 1 hp, largely independently of how hard they hit you.