PDA

View Full Version : World Building help - Just an idea pool

PitaChip
2019-05-10, 01:05 PM
So I'm building a world that's meant to represent what Earth would be like if the early bronze age era was fantasy-oriented. How magic would be as underdeveloped as technology was. I'm looking for some ideas for how the existence of magic would supplement early civilizations and innovation. How would people utilize magic in an age when even horses aren't domesticated in the starting region for my players? I'm introducing terrace farming in the starting region as "new tech," but I'm not the most fluent in ancient history. I like the idea of basing the northern parts of my world on ancient Eastern Asia, but I'm not necessarily sure what that entitles. I'd love some feedback or ideas as to what to add to this. Anything is appreciated! Thank you!

Scorpiomoth
2019-05-10, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a world where transmutation magic is going to be incredibly important. Even just the mold earth cantrip will be an immensely helpful tool for construction and I'd say it's probably one of the schools being most developed, alongside evocation for hunting and war.
A good way to slowly introduce more magic will be through clerics, as receiving these powers from gods is easier than creating and developing schools of study.
It sounds like an interesting world, it will probably lead to a party that suddenly become some of the strongest people on earth as gaining new abilities from levellig is much more significant in underdeveloped societies. Could maybe have a plot of them becoming leaders of a group of tribes and trying to guide them to better lands for settling.