PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [DDS][Spheres of Might] Highlander Handbook playtest

Mehangel
2019-05-10, 02:55 PM
I am here to announce the start of the playtest for the Highlander handbook, a handbook which contains archetypes, talents, and more options, all focused around building and playing such thematic characters.

The Highlander Handbook (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zb8aBEbe6hExMREJdTNemKoZUSmyOsJgFL08GenU9t0/edit?usp=sharing)

Hold nothing (pertinent) back. Thanks for all your help.

ChrisAsmadi
2019-05-10, 04:19 PM
I'm disappointed there's no Legendary talent that grants immortality as long as you're not beheaded.

NomGarret
2019-05-10, 04:27 PM
I'm disappointed there's no Legendary talent that grants immortality as long as you're not beheaded.

Currently checking with the other authors to make sure they aren't working on something like this for another handbook. After all, there can be only one.

StSword
2019-05-10, 08:29 PM

Or an outlander based archetype for a "wise woman/cunning man" type for whom it's almost like they have historical knowledge of the future and training in superior medical care....

Mehangel
2019-05-14, 08:00 PM
The handbook has updated the Painted Savage archetype so that it doesn't nearly replace every barbarian class feature.

As for content revolving around the "highlander" movies/TV series/anime, I fear that is something that won't happen. I personally have not seen any filmography from that setting, but from what I understand, it has very little to do with highlanders, and more to do with immortal aliens obsessed with killing each other off by decapitation or learning ultimate techniques to decapitate each other.

As for "outlander" content, that is more likely, although I am uncertain what could be done for a 'Claire Beecham' sort of archetype that the Scholar or Technician class does not already do. Especially when you consider my inclusion of the Temporal Menhir incantation.

Mehangel
2019-07-31, 07:51 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know that the playtest is over, the book has gone into layout, and is now available for purchase as a PDF. Thankyou to all who supported this project.