PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Titan Planetouched?

CIDE
2019-05-12, 02:27 PM
Hey all,

I got to poking around and it kind of hit me: I've never heard or seen a titan based planetouched. They exist for pretty much everything else (including @#$@#$ inevitables) but not some of the more human-like outsiders to exist. Or, is my google-fu and D&D library just too small for me to find the one that actually does exist? Do any of you know of something out there to fit the role? How would you build them if they were to exist?

DrMotives
2019-05-12, 02:43 PM
"Gramps always was an early riser, got up before sunrise every day to greet the sun. His village never realized exactly what he did in what he called his 'morning ablutions' until Eos, the 80 foot tall Titaness and local goddess of the morning, left Dad in a wicker basket. The thing was so big the town later converted into the passenger basket for a hot air balloon. Anyway, I'm closer to normal size, but that's why the inn insists I sleep in the stables with the horses. They're afraid I'll break the furniture."

PhantasyPen
2019-05-12, 04:35 PM
The 3rd-party book "Bastards&Bloodlines" has a "half-Titan" template but outside of that I can't think of anything either. Theoretically you could probably get something if you messed with the Goliath or Half-Giant races for a little while.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-05-12, 04:43 PM
Titan Bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm#titan) from UA could work.

Titans are chaotic aligned, so Anarchic Creature in the Planar Handbook would be suitable for a creature from their chaotic home plane, but it's +5 LA for not even a +2 worth of benefits makes it unplayable.

PhantasyPen
2019-05-12, 07:06 PM
The bloodlines are fundamentally different from a discrete race though, which is what OP asked for. Also speaking from experience, getting what is fundamentally LA+3 for what amounts to only +1/+2 LA's worth of benefits is equally bad as your description of the anarchic creature.

PoeticallyPsyco
2019-05-12, 07:41 PM
The bloodlines are fundamentally different from a discrete race though, which is what OP asked for. Also speaking from experience, getting what is fundamentally LA+3 for what amounts to only +1/+2 LA's worth of benefits is equally bad as your description of the anarchic creature.

Depends on how you interpret the bloodline rules. Bloodline levels (probably) don't count towards ECL, which makes them more like level adjustment that's instantly bought off. And if you have a class that adds class level to something (e.g. caster level, most Forsaker abilities, maybe bardic music/day?), bloodline levels can be a useful boost to that.