PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 looking for a little optimization assist on a build

samduke
2019-05-12, 09:09 PM
So I am looking for suggestions ect to optimized this 3.5 build to be a bit better.
Sources, Complete Series, phb, expanded psionics, tome of magic, savage species - all other sources subject to approval

Str 16 Dex 15 Con 17 Int 18 Wis 14 Cha 13 (can be re-assigned)

Race: Synad
Class: Psion (Egoist) Level 7
Plan to go into Illithid Savant (for a few things it offers)

already on character
Headband of intellect +2

Feats (can be re-assigned)
ff: Psionic meditaion
ff: Linked power
cf: Synad multitask, enhanced
01: Hidden Talent (Astral Construct)
03: Metamorphic Transfer
05: Overchannel
06: Boost Construct

thanks in advance for the suggestions

Falontani
2019-05-12, 10:23 PM
That prestige class is very powerful. What are you hoping to accomplish?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2019-05-12, 11:56 PM
Expanded Knowledge: Energy Missile is generally worthwhile. That can be used to destroy opponents' weapons, shields, armor, spell component pouches, divine focus, and person. It can destroy bridges, doors, the pillars holding up the ceiling, knock holes in boats, etc.

How are you qualifying for Illithid Savant without being a mind flayer? Metamorphosis doesn't work, as its duration is neither permanent nor indefinite. Even if you do manage to qualify for it, it's completely broken as you can eat the brain of a Wizard 20 and gain their full "spellcasting" class feature.

samduke
2019-05-13, 03:57 AM
Expanded Knowledge: Energy Missile is generally worthwhile. That can be used to destroy opponents' weapons, shields, armor, spell component pouches, divine focus, and person. It can destroy bridges, doors, the pillars holding up the ceiling, knock holes in boats, etc.

How are you qualifying for Illithid Savant without being a mind flayer? Metamorphosis doesn't work, as its duration is neither permanent nor indefinite. Even if you do manage to qualify for it, it's completely broken as you can eat the brain of a Wizard 20 and gain their full "spellcasting" class feature.

would you replace a feat for Expanded Knowledge: Energy Missile or wait until level 9/10 if if replaced what feat - I have Psychic Reformation - on tap so I can redo as much as i need a few more time before worrying about level loss

MisterKaws
2019-05-13, 05:10 AM
I extremely recommend not using Ilithiid Savant on a game, even if the dm approves, unless you're playing a 1-on-1 short adventure. It will get boring fast if you play solo with it because of the increasingly dumb power ups every encounter. If you're playing a group campaign, just don't use it, or you'll make the game unfun to the rest of the party.

That is, if you don't just outright kill them to take all their class features.